Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

MLB Discussion thread 4/16

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bigpapiMA32

Aug 7, 2008
Monterey, CA
Notable starters going today: Beckett, King Felix, Lowe, Chatwood, Latos, Hamels, Verlander, Kershaw

Red Sox catchers continue to throw the ball to the center fielder on steals...

dutchj16

Aug 11, 2008
Hopefully Kershaw pitches well. Unfortunately, the rest of the Dodgers pitching have gotten several Cardinal hitters hot.

19braves77

Oct 23, 2008
Pensacola, FL
James McDonald frustrating to watch. However, he is a success story considering he moved from the outfield to pitching which many cant do.....

mwashuc06

Aug 7, 2008
When does King Felix ask the Mariners to trade him. They are getting shutout by O'Sullivan.

bdal23

Aug 7, 2008
Alex Gordon continues to rake. 2 more hits so far today and another 2 rbi.
In fact the Royals as a team are hitting the ball really well right now. The Royals are arguably the most surprising team along with Cleveland.

bdal23

Aug 7, 2008
Can either the Indians and Royals win the central. I would think the Royals are better suited. Right now their bullpen is lights out with Tim Collins Aaron Crow and Jeffress. Then they have Soria for the 9th.

If they fall out of contention they can trade Soria for some more arms to stockpile the farm

SamHell

Jun 12, 2010
Texas
bdal23 said:
Can either the Indians and Royals win the central. I would think the Royals are better suited. Right now their bullpen is lights out with Tim Collins Aaron Crow and Jeffress. Then they have Soria for the 9th.

If they fall out of contention they can trade Soria for some more arms to stockpile the farm

I can't see the Royals starting pitching holding up for long.
A rotation of Davies, Chen, Hochevar and Francis does not inspire long term confidence.

bdal23

Aug 7, 2008
SamHell said:
bdal23 said:

I can't see the Royals starting pitching holding up for long.
A rotation of Davies, Chen, Hochevar and Francis does not inspire long term confidence.

But if they falter there is Montgomery and Lamb that could be brought up. I think eventually both teams will end up in the bottom of the division. But for right now its fun to look at those two teams out in front.

scotty21690

Aug 7, 2008
Red Sox get their 3rd win!

Beckett pitched ANOTHER gem, looks A LOT like the Beckett of 2007.....7IP 3H 1ER 2BB 9K

Defense looked REAL GOOD

and my man Jed Lowrie finished the day with 3-5 HR 2 RBI. Even his 2 ABs he got out could have easily been hits. Hopefully he gets more playing time now :cool:

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
God, the Mets SUCK! But they did get their first Caught Stealing of the Year. In their 14th game. Ugh.

and the Tribe are up 5 on the Baltimore Bucks going into the 9th. As said, even if it doesn't hold up very long, it's fun to see them and KC at the top of the division. And that's with both Choo and Santana hitting around .200...

scotty21690

Aug 7, 2008
gt2590 said:
God, the Mets SUCK! But they did get their first Caught Stealing of the Year. In their 14th game. Ugh.

and the Tribe are up 5 on the Baltimore Bucks going into the 9th. As said, even if it doesn't hold up very long, it's fun to see them and KC at the top of the division. And that's with both Choo and Santana hitting around .200...
It took you 14 games to realize that?

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
scotty21690 said:
gt2590 said:

It took you 14 games to realize that?[/quote]

Not really, I follow the Phillies. :lol:

But man, they just look so dis-organized, lackadaisical (sp?) and lost out there, it's kinda hard to watch. At least with the Braves, Red Sox and Giants there is hope for a turn-around, especially with their pitching. But not so with the Mets.