Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Less than a month away from 2011 Bowman...

Pre-order now or wait?

• Too late to pre-order (high price)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SeattleSports

Jun 11, 2010
P_Manning 18 said:
deja vu

Seems like I read this same post... just a few weeks ago.

You did. He's now made about 10+ topics on 2011 Bowman.

There is no use discussing anything '11 Bowman related until an updated checklist comes out. In the meantime, its just the exact same discussion at your previous 10 threads.

schmidtfan20

Aug 24, 2008
why would topps ruin it and release a checklist? They know the hype alone is enough to sell this product that
has been bad 8 of the last 9 years. Plus they know customers will buy blind.

Kevin

peterose4hof

Mar 23, 2011
This topic has been discussed to death and most likely the OP is sitting on several cases and hoping to build up hype for the product. (I may be wrong, just guessing.)

The truth is, the main reason these cases are selling as high as they are is because of the preseason hype for Bryce Harper. Everyone is hoping for Strasburg-like Mania with Harper, but if he continues to be a solid (not spectacular) player at low A ball then this product is overpriced by 20-35%.

The auto checklist is decent, but not great and unless they add several hot names in the next 3 weeks the perception is going to be that this product is a bit of a bust. Not a huge bust, because of Harper's potential, but definitelty a disappointment.

All In Cards

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
ballerskrip said:
The buy in price is WAY WAY too high!

Drew, are you posting your breaks based on your original buy in price?

nope because I am an idiot and did not plan for breaks. I have been scrambling the past few weeks to get some more cases.

SeattleSports

Jun 11, 2010
schmidtfan20 said:
why would topps ruin it and release a checklist? They know the hype alone is enough to sell this product that

Kevin

7* of the past 9 years. 2008 and 2010 were both fantastic products. 2008 you can't find for under $200 per jumbo.

SeattleSports

Jun 11, 2010
shayscards79 said:
The most Ill pay is $150 a jumbo. Any higher and Topps can stick it in their ass.

What does Topps have to do with anything? Don't blame Topps, blame the big wholesalers that have been gouging from day 1 or the dumb consumers who keep buying as they raise the price.

scotty21690

Aug 7, 2008
schmidtfan20 said:

Kevin
What year was the "not-bad" year, Kevin....2003?

scottagibson

Aug 3, 2009
peterose4hof said:
This topic has been discussed to death and most likely the OP is sitting on several cases and hoping to build up hype for the product. (I may be wrong, just guessing.)

The truth is, the main reason these cases are selling as high as they are is because of the preseason hype for Bryce Harper. Everyone is hoping for Strasburg-like Mania with Harper, but if he continues to be a solid (not spectacular) player at low A ball then this product is overpriced by 20-35%.

The auto checklist is decent, but not great and unless they add several hot names in the next 3 weeks the perception is going to be that this product is a bit of a bust. Not a huge bust, because of Harper's potential, but definitelty a disappointment.

Have you seen the prices of Harper's NON-MLB cards??? You do remember Strasburg's first MLB card last year... right??? If the product is over-priced by "20-35%" ... it surely wont be this summer (unless Harper completely quits hitting or gets hurt early). I see this product growing and growing as the buyers will still be greater and more plentiful than you realize because of the "Hype of Harper". If you accuse the OP of sitting on cases, than I accuse you of trying to drive the price down so you could afford some. Sure it more than likely won't be quite as hot as last year, but the price you see now is as low as you will see it. I'm not talking in terms of long-term value, because if Harper ends up being a JD Drew type player... You will be right and then some in the long-term. But my point is the initial hype and initial value will only increase this summer after release just like last year.

shayscards79

Aug 17, 2010
Chicago
frzg said:
shayscards79 said:
The most Ill pay is $150 a jumbo. Any higher and Topps can stick it in their ass.

What does Topps have to do with anything? Don't blame Topps, blame the big wholesalers that have been gouging from day 1 or the dumb consumers who keep buying as they raise the price.

Yeah, I know that has the majority to do with it. I'm more pissed off at the whole single producer licensing deal that keeps more stuff from being out there and the prices down.

shayscards79

Aug 17, 2010
Chicago
...and I agree with the sentiment that there are too many dumb people paying the absurd prices. People always complain about the cost not realizing that if the make the wholesalers sit on the product, they'll be forced to reduce the prices.

But it seems this year that might be the case because paying $200 plus for an HTA is not worth it just to chase Harper autos. If those don't sell well enough, people will get killed trying to recover case prices cause lord knows that Belt and Jennings aren't going to it for them.

We will not have a repeat of last year, so I think my box cost of $150 is legit.

ballerskrip

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago Area
All In Cards said:
frzg said:
[quote="All In Cards":13at5a2u]when does this come out? I havent seen any info on it.

You know exactly when it comes out... now post the group breaks today like you said you would!

the day is still young, lots of time left[/quote:13at5a2u]

Damn Drew, I thought you were pre-ordering a bunch of cases. That is a bummer.

Members online

Latest posts