Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2006 Fleer Glossy Silver??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

subpop77

Aug 24, 2008
Marshall, Texas, United States
Does anyone know what the odds were of pulling one of these in a pack? How scarce are they? does anyone have a scan?
Thanks in advance, subpop77 ;)

fleer.jpg
minidiecut.jpg

Got the reg & mini but no silver or gold :(

theplasticman

Nov 21, 2008
subpop77 said:
Does anyone know what the odds were of pulling one of these in a pack? How scarce are they? does anyone have a scan?
Thanks in advance, subpop77 ;)

I cant remember exactly but I think they were a few per box. Apparently nobody opened this stuff... both the Silvers and Golds seem tough. I've yet to see a Gold Erstad.

theplasticman

Nov 21, 2008
Yup. This is another one of those sets that will forever be a thorn for player collectors. Not much "value" but impossible to find. Reminds me of the 2005 Leaf Black/Orange/Green

leatherman

Aug 7, 2008
The Atlanta suburbs
Here is what I have from some random packs:

Carlos Lee Gold Glossy
Chad Cordero Silver Glossy
Ben Sheets Silver Glossy
Josh Beckett Silver Glossy
Austin Kearns Silver Glossy
David Ortiz Team Fleer (also a tough card)

I put them aside, so if any player collectors need them, send me a PM.

EricChavezCollector3

Aug 7, 2008
theplasticman said:
Yup. This is another one of those sets that will forever be a thorn for player collectors. Not much "value" but impossible to find. Reminds me of the 2005 Leaf Black/Orange/Green

You can say that again. I was able to find the Silver early upon release but the Gold is one of only 5 non 1/1's cards I need to complete is 2006 print run. These are the types of cards I hate to not have. It is one thing if I am missing a 1/5 or a 1/10 "premium" card but to be missing these types of cards truly is a thorn in the side.

sdsportsfan1214

Aug 14, 2008
San Diego
Im pretty sure I have a Roger Clemens Gold from this year as I remember busting a few boxes. I have silvers of Tony Clark, Barry Zito, Paul Lo Duca and Cliff Lee. im gonna go look for that Clemens haha

subpop77

Aug 24, 2008
Marshall, Texas, United States
Yea your right plasticman don't remember too much of it when it came out. And it had a slew of good Rookie cards Ryan Sweeney, Ryan Zimmerman, Justin Verlander, Joanthan Papelbon, Francisco Liriano, Cole Hamels, Ian Kinsler, Jered Weaver, Craig Hansen. Anyways they are hard to find for that reason. :cry:

EricChavezCollector3

Aug 7, 2008
Jack Straw said:
Another 2 I will add to the want list. Staying on the same theme has anyone ever
seen a 2007 Fleer Mini Gold?

I actually aquired the gold directly from Upper Deck. I had a redemption that wasn't able to be filled and I asked for this specific card and was luckily enough to receive it. I have never seen another one.

2007Fle1.jpg2007Fle2.jpg2007Fle3.jpg

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
I have the 2006 Fleer, Silver, and Silver/Gold cards of Sizemore, I don't recall them being hard to acquire but maybe they are. However, I also have the 2007 Fleer mini gold of Sizemore, I think the only one I've ever seen. It was in a lot with other Fleer minis of both kinds and I just happened to stumble upon it by searching descriptions. The guy wanted something like $30 for the lot, and I sensed it was going to be tough, so I offered him $10 for that one card and he accepted. Glad I did.

Jack Straw

May 10, 2009
@ a Baseball Card Show
2007 Fleer mini gold were inserted 1 in 576 packs add a 400 card set
and you have one tough card. The 2006 Fleer Glossy Gold were inserted
1 in 144 but its a 433 card set so they are tough too.

Members online