Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

why is Joba even in baseball

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
I was wondering how long 'til Boomo let someone have it.

But the biggest surprise of the entire week, in ANY sport, anywhere, is Eric Chavez getting a big hit against a tough Left-handed pitcher. :shock:

I don't think it EVER happened in Oakland.

And ho hum, another boring save for Rivera. Boring. I prefer the excitement guys like Ryan Franklin bring to the closer job. :lol:

coltsnsox07

Aug 19, 2008
My favorite guy to face Mo is Bill Mueller, 5-11 including knocking in Roberts after 'The Steal' and the walk off HR in the 'How Does Varitek's Glove Taste, Arod?' game.

RL24

Dec 12, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO
He really pissed me off last year. It seems like he does really bad when he comes in after CC, like he wants his inherited runners to score, and would do anything to prevent CC from getting a win. I guess I've just come to expect it now. I knew he would blow it last night, so it wasn't a surprise, so I didn't get as angry as I did all those times last year. I believe I have achieved enlightenment. :ugeek:

zach

Aug 7, 2008
Evil Empire
A_Pharis said:
Mo is amazing, albeit boring. His cutter is unbelievable.

You would think after all of these years and number of scouts that have watched him, they would have figured how to hit that pitch by now.

A_Pharis

zach said:
A_Pharis said:
Mo is amazing, albeit boring. His cutter is unbelievable.

You would think after all of these years and number of scouts that have watched him, they would have figured how to hit that pitch by now.

They actually tried to explain it during the game last night. I don't know how accurate but it makes sense. They say that, at the speed the ball is moving, the brain can't process any real movement in the last 1/5th of the pitch. For most pitches, it doesn't make a difference since you can almost immediately compensate for curve, drop and whatnot -- but not his cutter.. Supposedly it cuts up to and in excess of 8 inches. That why you'll see a lot of righties jump out of the box when the pitch ends nearly in the middle of the plate. To them, the brain says "It's going to hit you."

It's quite a pitch.

Members online

Latest posts