Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Sean Casey retiring

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pghbuccos

Aug 7, 2008
PixBurgh
first baseman Sean Casey will announce he is retiring to take a job with the MLB network. Sean was born in NJ but grew up in Upper St Clair, PA (which is where I grew up). he finishes his career with a .302 BA 1531 H 322 D and 130 HR. he played for the Indians, Reds, Pirates, Tigers and Red Sox. he was known as "The Mayor" and was always one of the most liked players wherever he played and will always be one of my favorite players. I am looking forward to watching Sean on the MLB Network.

here are some of my favorite Casey cards...
1996Topps.jpg1999MetalUniverse.jpg
2001FleerAutographics.jpg2001FleerGenuineFinalCut.jpg
2005ArtifactsDualArtifacts.jpg
2005UltimateCollectionVeteranMateri.jpg

2006Topps.jpg
2006Ultra.jpg
2008RedSoxToppsGiftSet.jpg
2008UpperDeck.jpg

Landon

Oct 4, 2008
I had a dual black bordered GU from DK /10 and traded it to a spammer, and he stole it from me :evil:

Brad

Aug 23, 2008
I always liked seeing him play. He is one of those great guys in the game.

G

Hated when you would paly the Cubbies dude would kill us sometimes.
I would have liked to see him stay and hook on with some team as a DH but oh well.
maybe it was time

DRav87

Aug 11, 2008
Wisconsin
I loved watching Sean Casey play for the Reds and it was a sad day when he was traded for freakin' Dave Williams. Sean was also a great guy in person. One time I met him at Miller Park with my Dad. He signed my card and the my Dad's baseball, he gave my Dad his baseball back but kept using his pen to sign other baseballs for people. Well my Dad waited for his pen but Sean just kept using it so we started to walk away and all of a sudden my Dad got hit in the back with something he turned around and it was his pen! He looked back atSean and he was smiling and he said "I didn't want to steal you pen!"

Here are two of my favorite Sean Casey cards. I have many more and I will have to scan them and show them off sometime:

CaseyTag.jpg
CaseyFront.jpgCaseyBack.jpg

lisu

Aug 8, 2008
Mountain View, CA
Good luck Mr. Casey. Sean Casey is one of those underappreciated players in the game in my mind. I am a huge fan of J.T. Snow and Tim Salmon too, and Sean Casey reminds me of them.

Members online