Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

More MLB early season price spikes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

masonphillip

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Lance Berkman:
1 1997 chrome - $.99 [phil:2ep8nriq]330550674840[/phil:2ep8nriq]
10 1997 Chrome - $72 [phil:2ep8nriq]230253677882[/phil:2ep8nriq]

Jonny Gomes:
2002 Chromes moving - [phil:2ep8nriq]230606779205[/phil:2ep8nriq]

Dan Haren:

A little movement but still very cheap - [phil:2ep8nriq]250803154255[/phil:2ep8nriq]

Josh Tomlin
Threads Autos previously sold for $.99 - [phil:2ep8nriq]380289014420[/phil:2ep8nriq]

Where else are you seeing movement? How are your guys performing thus far?

Halonut

Aug 7, 2008
the problem with haren's stuff is people either list them with ridiculously high bin's or opening bids. i have searched his stuff nearly every day since the angels got him and have only run across a few auctions even worth taking a stab at.

MOFNY

Aug 9, 2008
East Greenwich, RI
With Haren I have seen maybe 3 Bowman's Best go for a BIN of over $20. That is double what you would hope to get in an auction before the season. I have received a $70 BO for my PSA 10 BC gold refractor.

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
excel_B said:
[quote="ALL_THE_HYPE":24yjwb18]Now I can say Morrison is up. Mid $20s for Ref Autos a week or two ago, last few have all been in the $30s/$40s/$50s

Time to sell Morrison now?[/quote:24yjwb18]

I'm caught in between... I have moved a few for some decent profit but I think he'll still go higher. At the same time, I'm trying to pick up something high end for my own collection. It's an odd sort of balance to try to maintain, I'll be much happier once I find my high end and can be content with what I have while I wait for time to sell the rest of my lower end stash. What Morrison stuff do you have?

excel_B

Feb 5, 2009
Baltimore, Maryland
ALL_THE_HYPE said:
[quote="excel_B":zzirrc42][quote="ALL_THE_HYPE":zzirrc42]Now I can say Morrison is up. Mid $20s for Ref Autos a week or two ago, last few have all been in the $30s/$40s/$50s

Time to sell Morrison now?[/quote:zzirrc42]

I'm caught in between... I have moved a few for some decent profit but I think he'll still go higher. At the same time, I'm trying to pick up something high end for my own collection. It's an odd sort of balance to try to maintain, I'll be much happier once I find my high end and can be content with what I have while I wait for time to sell the rest of my lower end stash. What Morrison stuff do you have?[/quote:zzirrc42]

I wasn't too sure about selling Morrison when he first got promoted - the sales weren't there where I wanted to sell back then...

Right now I believe I have these:
IMG_0004-7-1.jpg
IMG_0004-7.jpg

IMG_0005-4.jpg

Like you, All the Hype, I am torn in between - I strongly believe he's going to become a really good ballplayer; does that increase the value over time?

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
excel_B said:
[quote="ALL_THE_HYPE":1ozo1ndv][quote="excel_B":1ozo1ndv][quote="ALL_THE_HYPE":1ozo1ndv]Now I can say Morrison is up. Mid $20s for Ref Autos a week or two ago, last few have all been in the $30s/$40s/$50s

Time to sell Morrison now?[/quote:1ozo1ndv]

I'm caught in between... I have moved a few for some decent profit but I think he'll still go higher. At the same time, I'm trying to pick up something high end for my own collection. It's an odd sort of balance to try to maintain, I'll be much happier once I find my high end and can be content with what I have while I wait for time to sell the rest of my lower end stash. What Morrison stuff do you have?[/quote:1ozo1ndv]

I wasn't too sure about selling Morrison when he first got promoted - the sales weren't there where I wanted to sell back then...

Right now I believe I have these:
http://i684.photobucket.com/albums/vv204/bobbymichel/BGS%20Prospects/IMG_0004-7-1.jpg[/img
[img]http://i684.photobucket.com/albums/vv204/bobbymichel/BGS%20Prospects/IMG_0004-7.jpg[/img
[img]http://i684.photobucket.com/albums/vv204/bobbymichel/Baseball%20Prospects/IMG_0005-4.jpg/img]

Like you, All the Hype, I am torn in between - I strongly believe he's going to become a really good ballplayer; does that increase the value over time?[/quote:1ozo1ndv]

Really nice stuff. I think that after debut, becoming a really good ballplayer (and exceeding initial expectations of the casual baseball fan) is the ONLY way for price to really go up for any extended period of time. I think he has what it takes to make that happen.

masonphillip

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
The most recent Logan Gold Ref AU sale - [phil:zns0d4dr]400156434100[/phil:zns0d4dr]. Honestly, as you both know, if you've watched young players over the past few years come up and hit really well...the ceiling for his Gold Ref AUs even if not Posey or Heywardesque seems to me like it is a lot higher than $150...

I think I'd be inclined to hold those Golds Bobby.

The_ReverendAct2

Aug 7, 2008
ALL_THE_HYPE said:
Now I can say Morrison is up. Mid $20s for Ref Autos a week or two ago, last few have all been in the $30s/$40s/$50s

wonder what gem mint contenders will get to of him?

excel_B

Feb 5, 2009
Baltimore, Maryland
masonphillip said:
The most recent Logan Gold Ref AU sale - [phil:21p1gn8r]400156434100[/phil:21p1gn8r]. Honestly, as you both know, if you've watched young players over the past few years come up and hit really well...the ceiling for his Gold Ref AUs even if not Posey or Heywardesque seems to me like it is a lot higher than $150...

That's exactly I was thinking, Mason. I will wait then...

BGSRCGUY

Aug 7, 2008
Orange County
excel_B said:
masonphillip said:
The most recent Logan Gold Ref AU sale - [phil:3ffycgm3]400156434100[/phil:3ffycgm3]. Honestly, as you both know, if you've watched young players over the past few years come up and hit really well...the ceiling for his Gold Ref AUs even if not Posey or Heywardesque seems to me like it is a lot higher than $150...

That's exactly I was thinking, Mason. I will wait then...

Agreed hold the golds, I think I sold a raw gold auto for more when he was in the minors.

Also Gio Gonzalez Chrome Autos. A refractor went 40 last night?

Still holding onto one base-gold from back in the day.

BowmanChromeAddict

Aug 8, 2008
Downingtown, PA
If anyone has any high end Carlos Carrasco, be sure to list them and list them high. There is a buyer buying them up for some crazy reason. Sold my 06 BDP Super for $177. Sold 2 9.5 Gold Refractors for $125 each. Plus a bunch of others.

Bob Loblaw

Aug 21, 2008
Bright House Field
BowmanChromeAddict said:
If anyone has any high end Carlos Carrasco, be sure to list them and list them high. There is a buyer buying them up for some crazy reason. Sold my 06 BDP Super for $177. Sold 2 9.5 Gold Refractors for $125 each. Plus a bunch of others.

Wow. THought he was dead and buried. Congrats on unloading dead inventory, Jim!

BowmanChromeAddict

Aug 8, 2008
Downingtown, PA
Jeff N. said:
BowmanChromeAddict said:

It was a great feeling...plus with Carrasco I bought in way early so I was paying about $13 for the gold refractors back then. Phil Mason reminded me that I bought the Super from Justin for about $120, so even made some money on that. Craziness.

Now if I can just get some more offers on my Savery cards and if Cardenas can get some love again...that would be nice.

Bob Loblaw

Aug 21, 2008
Bright House Field
BowmanChromeAddict said:
Jeff N. said:
BowmanChromeAddict said:

It was a great feeling...plus with Carrasco I bought in way early so I was paying about $13 for the gold refractors back then. Phil Mason reminded me that I bought the Super from Justin for about $120, so even made some money on that. Craziness.

Now if I can just get some more offers on my Savery cards and if Cardenas can get some love again...that would be nice.

Wonder what Mike Costanzo is doing these days...

masonphillip

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Jeff N. said:
BowmanChromeAddict said:
[quote="Jeff N.":20vv08xk]
BowmanChromeAddict said:

Wonder what Mike Costanzo is doing these days...[/quote:20vv08xk]

eh...[phil:20vv08xk]350453917819[/phil:20vv08xk] lol

Members online

Latest posts