Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

8x10 TTM question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jlecates

Dec 4, 2008
Hey guys, I'm not a huge TTM person, but I have some really great photos I've taken over the past few years that I have done into 8x10's, and I am considering sending some off to be signed. My question is what is the best way to send these so that no damage occurs (and also what do I send to have them sent back to me in?)? Thanks ahead of time for any help!

grkings67

Mar 4, 2011
Hi,

I've never done any 8x10 TTM requests until this year, so you can say that I'm a rookie. Here's what I do on 8x10 requests:

*In an 9x12 brown (3 First Class stamped) envelope, I include:

-a letter of request

-8x10 photo(s)

-Thin cardboard larger than 8x10 but smaller than 9x12

-9x12 brown self addressed stamped (2 or 3 First Class stamps depending on destination and weight) envelope, folded in half, marked as "Photos - Do Not Bend!" on both sides of the envelope

I would also write "Photos - Do Not Bend!" on the envelope that I'm sending out. Of course, don't forget to write the addresses. But that's it.

I've sent a handful so far and I've received two back, Dirk Nowitzki and Shaq. Both players returned the photos signed and included the cardboard, as well. While the photos did not come back in perfect condition, I was happy to see that there weren't any major creases.

Hope that helps. Good luck!

mikekarlovec

Aug 7, 2008
Hobbs, NM
Only way I could think to improve the above post would substitute the folded envelope and cardboard with a photo envelope. This ensures they don't forget the cardboard. I have not tried this but have been wanting to so have put a lot of thought into it. Good luck

jlecates

Dec 4, 2008
Awesome - thank you guys for the tips and advice. I'll let you know how it turns out. Thanks again!

Members online

Latest posts