Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Caught Trout's HR ball. Now with Pics

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jpruitt2

Aug 11, 2008
Searcy, Arkansas
Went and watched this mornings Arkansas Travelers & Frisco play at Dickey-Stephens Park in Little Rock. The game was kids day and it was an 11 am start. We took our high school baseball and softball teams. The Travs won in 15 innings. The park cleared out by the 8th as the schools left. By the finish there were only around 400 people there.

Trout is the real deal! He went 3-6 on the day with a double and a HR.

In the 12th I made my way out to the berm in left-center and was the only person out there. With 2 outs in the bottom of the 13th Trout hits a solo shot to tie the game at 4-4. He hit over my head and just missed the scoreboard. Anyway I got the ball and Trout said he would sign it after the game.

He didn't sign on the sweetspot due to the large scuff from the ball hitting the base of the scoreboard.
trout-ball.jpg
trout-ball-2.jpg
trout-ball-1.jpg
ticket.jpg

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Re: Went and watched Mike Trout today & caught a HR

I give you props, not just for snagging the ball, but for sticking in there for such a long game. Nice job.

jpruitt2

Aug 11, 2008
Searcy, Arkansas
SydBarrett said:
Big Mac McGwire said:
you should have asked him to inscribe the HR and what number of the season it was

still cool though :)

This x2

I was just happy to get it signed. He was getting rushed off to do an interview with the media, so I was luckey just to get it signed. I wasn't about to complain.

stu

Jan 24, 2010
Great story. Will be a great item to have on the shelf.

Did the bat go PING?

Members online