Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

My Most Awesome Topps Heritage Pickup of the Year - Starlin!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mudflap02

Jan 23, 2009
Daytona Beach, FL
There have been some incredible cards listed since 2011 Heritage came out, including patches which make their first appearance in Heritage this year (on the Clubhouse Collection dual relics /62.) I am planning on a big cross-country move coming up in a day or two, and I haven't been able to pick up quite as much as I would have liked to. I still have my fair share of neat cards from other years, but I'm really dragging in the 2011 department. Hoping I will be able to start picking up the slack once I get settled again.

That being said, when I saw this card listed, I really hoped my bid would be enough, and I was thrilled to win it.

2011PlayerSampleBlueROA-SC.jpg

If you look at the top of the card, instead of saying "Topps Certified Autograph Issue," it simply says "Player Sample." I had never seen a player sample autograph prior to 2010, and I have only ever seen 4 of them total, and now I own three of those 4. I was the underbidder on a Bobby Malkmus Player Sample, but the Castro now sits next to these two:

2010PlayerSampleBlueROA-AR.jpg

2010PlayerSampleBlueROA-JR.jpg

As you can see, the 2011 Player Samples are MUCH more subtle. I am assuming the players were told they could keep it, but apparently some didn't want it and returned it. I know for sure that the Castro was pulled from a pack (the seller said the same pack had a stamp /62), but I'm not sure on the others. However they were issued I love these cards because of the rarity and unique nature of them, and they fit in great with my Heritage collection. I am guessing that only one exists of each, but who knows. The code on the back ends in "22" which is the same as the regular Real One autographs in 2011.

Here's another 2011 auto for comparison, so be on the lookout for Player Samples, and send them my way when you find them!

2011ROA-DGI.jpg

schmidtfan20

Aug 24, 2008
get away from my autographs, you are suppoed to collect black refractors! LOL

Nice pick up

Kevin

matchpenalty

Jan 12, 2009
North East
Someone got this one when ttm him. What a great return. I wonder how many Topps sent to players like these from this years heritage. Anyone rumors on production #'s????
naragon1.jpg

Latest posts