Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

POLL: High End/Ebay ..... Question & Opinions.

Have you posted HIGH END cards on ebay to show off, with no intentions of selling?

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Russ S.

Aug 10, 2008
VA / DC / MD
Just curious.

Have you ever listed something just to show it. With no intentions of selling?

Thoughts and opinions on the matter?

Jays_Cards

Jan 1, 2009
No. I have never posted something on ebay 100% sure that I would not sell it regardless of the offer I received. I have posted things that I didn't think I would sell unless I got an insane offer and was then pleasantly surprised though.

RITM

Aug 25, 2008
I have heard of folks doing it but they typically attach a ridiculously BIN and tell you that if someone is crazy enough to pay it then they are willing to let it go.

jpcz

Aug 10, 2008
NY
When listings are free for any starting price, I will usually throw my Immortal set up there (sig) at something like 15 or 20k....just in hopes that people will look at it and read that I still need two cards....kind of a win-win IMO. If someone wants 18.5 (platinum ripken is .5 since im not doing the 1/1's) card of the 20 card set, and want to pay 15k, ill take it (they would be on drugs)! If someone reads the description and offers me one of the two i need, i win. Cant see how i could lose, especially if i pay nothing to list it...

James52411

Administrator
May 22, 2010
Tallahassee, FL
No, but then again, I'm not a loser.

PS: It's justifiable on the grounds stated above by the Ultimate Sig set owner (see if someone will pay a crazy price or try and attract a seller who will help complete your set).

RITM

Aug 25, 2008
Of course with social media and message boards it is earier to show off collections.

Russ S.

Aug 10, 2008
VA / DC / MD
James52411 said:

PS: It's justifiable on the grounds stated above by the Ultimate Sig set owner (see if someone will pay a crazy price or try and attract a seller who will help complete your set).
So my your justification, if the owner of the Longo Super Auto finally wanted to come public, listed it with a Crazy Ass BIN, but to show it, is a loser? Interesting.
Good to know.

Didn't realize having a Super Rare card, One of a Kind, or RARELY seen High End and wanting to share it was a loser move.
Interesting viewpoint.

timryan111

Aug 12, 2008
I sometimes list things that I dont want to move but will if I get a crazy offer. And it does happen sometimes, I see nothing wrong with it.

James52411

Administrator
May 22, 2010
Tallahassee, FL
Russ S. said:
James52411 said:

So my your justification, if the owner of the Longo Super Auto finally wanted to come public, listed it with a Crazy Ass BIN, but to show it, is a loser? Interesting.
Good to know.

Didn't realize having a Super Rare card, One of a Kind, or RARELY seen High End and wanting to share it was a loser move.
Interesting viewpoint.

Glad I could clarify it for you.

rainmanesq

Aug 31, 2008
No. Why bother? It's time consuming enough to list stuff to sell. Plus, eh, I wouldn't get much thrill from showing the world that I own the 06 BCDP Longo Super :lol: $ excites me more than flashing my blingy cardboard of boys.

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
Jays_Cards said:
No. I have never posted something on ebay 100% sure that I would not sell it regardless of the offer I received. I have posted things that I didn't think I would sell unless I got an insane offer and was then pleasantly surprised though.

Same, sometimes I post things with very high BINs, but everything has a price. There is no card that I wouldn't sell, only some that may require a very high and/or potentially above current market price for me to let it go. Sometimes I'll list something just to get a feel for what kind of offers might be out there.

Members online