Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Randy Wolf about to break a record tonight

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fonda1119

Apr 5, 2010
A quirky record, but still... After Verlander's crazy balk-thing I thought I'd do some research. I found out that since World War II Randy Wolf has the second most career IP without a balk. After 3 2/3 IP tonight he'll surpass Kirk Rueter as the leader.

http://www.baseball-reference.com/play- ... i?id=9s8nF

Just your interesting stat of the day, if anyone cares. ;)

fonda1119

Apr 5, 2010
James52411 said:
I really hope Bob Davidson is umpiring 1st base tonight.

Haha, Balkin' Bob would have been great! Unfortunately he's not on this crew.

Marvin Hudson, Tim McClelland, Ted Barrett, and Brian Runge are the umpires for the series. Not sure who is going to be where tonight though.

Kevbo

Aug 7, 2008
Thinking of the game tonight I was starting to like the idea of a rainout, but now I have a reason to watch!
I'll crack beer when the record breaks.

Ryan The Orange

Mar 30, 2010
St. Louis
TBTwinsFan said:
Going to send him a TTM request and ask him to inscribe "No Balks Record" or something to that affect.

Seriously, I am going to.

I sent him a request to ST and never got anything back. Maybe because I never asked for that inscription.

PujolsCollector

Jan 17, 2011
St.Louis
fonda1119 said:
James52411 said:

Marvin Hudson, Tim McClelland, Ted Barrett, and Brian Runge are the umpires for the series. Not sure who is going to be where tonight though.
All of them are very fair umpires. Is McClelland behind the plate becuase his strike zone is horrible alot of the tim

fonda1119

Apr 5, 2010
PujolsCollector said:
fonda1119 said:
James52411 said:

All of them are very fair umpires. Is McClelland behind the plate becuase his strike zone is horrible alot of the tim

Yeah, he's behind the plate. Barrett is at first. Runge is at second. Hudson is at third.

Members online