Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Question about stickers and a poll

Stickers used should be larger so autos fit

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ty Hope

Aug 7, 2008
It's no secret how I feel about sticker autos. I HATE them and always will. I do accept the fact that they will not be going away anytime soon (especially in low end stuff).

One thing that I have wondered about though, is why are they so small? We have all seen tons of examples of autos running off and not fitting. They look like ass when this happens. I don't think anyone would argue that they wouldn't rather have a complete auto than one missing portions.

My question is, if they MUST be used in a product, why don't companies use larger sized (preferably clear) stickers? Just wondering how everyone feels.

Ty Hope

Aug 7, 2008
The best solution would be to completely rid the hobby of them, but it looks like it will never happen.

What if more companies went with "cut" type autos instead of stickers. I find them to look at least a little better. For example, the solid white paper autos embedded in the card.

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois
Ty Hope said:
The best solution would be to completely rid the hobby of them, but it looks like it will never happen.

What if more companies went with "cut" type autos instead of stickers. I find them to look at least a little better. For example, the solid white paper autos embedded in the card.
more work for the mfgs, and therefore won't be done.

Ty Hope

Aug 7, 2008
kdailey4315 said:
I think people are just going to sign their name bigger if they are given bigger stickers.

Very possible. I hate seeing Dwight Gooden's auto on stickers for example. He likes to write HUGE so it always looks forced.

Ty Hope

Aug 7, 2008
chashawk said:
Ty Hope said:

This is true. Another reason stickers are lazy alternatives for companies.

Just trying to weigh the options here if on-card is "not possible."

Krom

Jun 13, 2010
Long Island
Ty Hope said:

What kills me is that i have not seen a single Ichiro Spx auto where they are not cutting off part of the auto. Its a damn shame too. They are the exact type you are describing.

G

Ty Hope said:

As long as they don't cut the auto from a previous on-card auto from a year or two ago. Ones like this look pretty nice
http://cgi.ebay.com/2007-08-SP-GAME..._Basketball&hash=item53e6c7cb61#ht_2102wt_905

Ty Hope

Aug 7, 2008
Those do look better than stickers. The auto stands out more. Many times with stickers, they are placed on dark areas of the card and you can barely see them. Panani does this a LOT with products like Absolute.

matchpenalty

Jan 12, 2009
North East
chashawk said:
Ty Hope said:

Yep, I loved how Panini did scratching surface autos in Crown Royale hockey. But I'm sure cost to make those cards was a lot more compared to just using the sticker.

Members online

Latest posts