Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

eBay sellers beware: rjm51

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rico08

Aug 7, 2008
Los Angeles
She bought a 2011 Tribute Joey Votto blue parallel, wasn't happy with the condition, wouldn't send card back on her dime for a refund, and left me a negative. I then get this as a message "CHILD THIS A**HOLE. ***."

Save yourself the trouble.

And for what it's worth, the person had an issue with the surface of the card and said the surface looked "as if a cat had danced on it." Even the scan shows the surface was purrfect. Anyway, I don't own cats and I sure as **** wouldn't sell something I think would be a hassle in the long run.

TomMurry

Jan 30, 2010
Eastern PA
tikitomoka said:
They shouldn't have to pay out of their own pocket for a mistake made by the seller.

How do you figure? Seller says nothing was wrong with the surface. Seller also offered a refund and they refused. Some people cant be pleased. Please point out the "mistake."

tikitomoka

Jul 27, 2009
GarkoCollector said:
tikitomoka said:
They shouldn't have to pay out of their own pocket for a mistake made by the seller.

How do you figure? Seller says nothing was wrong with the surface. Seller also offered a refund and they refused. Some people cant be pleased. Please point out the "mistake."
Just like a real business, if the buyer is displeased then don't make it worse by making them shell out more money to correct an error made by the seller. There's no point in questioning the buyer anymore over something small like this. And for the record, I woul have also been pissed off had I had to pay out of my own wallet even though I'm the displeased one.

TomMurry

Jan 30, 2010
Eastern PA
tikitomoka said:
GarkoCollector said:
tikitomoka said:

Just like a real business, if the buyer is displeased then don't make it worse by making them shell out more money to correct an error made by the seller. There's no point in questioning the buyer anymore over something small like this. And for the record, I woul have also been pissed off had I had to pay out of my own wallet even though I'm the displeased one.

So I should have to pay because YOU had second thoughts?
Sorry, this isnt WalMart. You can see the photo. If theres no scratches in the picture and suddenly theres a bunch, I'll refund you AFTER you send it back to me. I'm not driving to your house to pick it up. You still havent shown where theres any error from the seller. He posted a clear scan of the card, sold it and now the buyer is making claims that the photo doesnt substantiate, so again, wheres the "mistake."

WoundedDuck

Aug 23, 2008
I bought a sleep number bed, didn't like it once I got it home and slept on it a few nights, and had to spend A LOT of my own money to ship it back for the refund.

rico08

Aug 7, 2008
Los Angeles
Even without a response from me, their previous message was followed up with: "you now hold the unique distinction of being the biggest ******* that i have encountered on ebay in 12 years, my only regret is that you are in california & not in nj"

Take the information I provided, process it, and do with it what you think is the best decision for yourself. I offered the buyer a refund if the card was mailed back, buyer didn't want to do it, buyer leaves me a negative. I don't know what else to offer--besides a standard return/refund scenario--and I want other sellers who also require return for a refund to be aware.

rico08

Aug 7, 2008
Los Angeles

There are two options under the "Return Policy" on eBay when selecting "Return shipping will be paid by" and they are "Buyer" or "Seller." I don't see why I should get a negative from a situation where someone refuses to follow the contract they entered when they bid on my item.

alabamalongsnake

Feb 12, 2011
Alabammer
I agree with you Uncle Rico

I would suggest making the buyer pay for return. That keeps the chance that they are going to buy it and return it down. If they have a good reason for returning then I would pay the shipping, but if it's the "cat danced on my card" excuse which sounds like complete bs then they should have to pay.

CollectorsCorner

Super Moderator
Feb 13, 2009
tikitomoka said:
GarkoCollector said:
tikitomoka said:

As a "real" business I have the buyers pay for return shipping if they are unhappy. Especially on eBay no one there understands what NM-MT means IT IS NOT 9.5 PLUS

Latest posts