Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Matt Purke Out Indefinitely!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hookem99

Oct 30, 2010
he could still be a first round pick, stay at TCU another year and medical readshirt come out strong his senior season and he'll still go in round 1

bouwob

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
I bet he is sorry that he didn't take the 4 million texas offered him when he had the chance. If he doesn't come back, he will have given up more than allot of us will make in salary over our life times.

jlecates

Dec 4, 2008
bouwob said:
I bet he is sorry that he didn't take the 4 million texas offered him when he had the chance. If he doesn't come back, he will have given up more than allot of us will make in salary over our life times.
Actually MLB shot the deal down because of Texas' finacial situation at the time.

sheetskout

Administrator
Aug 10, 2008
Milwaukee, WI
tommyfro21 said:
So who becomes the ace of the staff now? Maxwell or Winkler?

Winkler was their Friday-night starter, so I am assuming him.

Someone should have signed when they had a chance......tisk tisk.....

SamHell

Jun 12, 2010
Texas
jlecates said:
bouwob said:
Actually MLB shot the deal down because of Texas' finacial situation at the time.

It was my understanding that MLB shot down the 7.2 million that Purke was clear about wanting before the draft and that the Rangers were willing to pay him. Since MLB was footing the bill, they wanted a bonus much closer to slot. Purke refused to sign for around 4 million or so.

hookem99

Oct 30, 2010
SamHell said:
jlecates said:
bouwob said:

It was my understanding that MLB shot down the 7.2 million that Purke was clear about wanting before the draft and that the Rangers were willing to pay him. Since MLB was footing the bill, they wanted a bonus much closer to slot. Purke refused to sign for around 4 million or so.

this is true MLB wouldnt pay what the Rangers wanted to offer so purke didnt sign, its all tom hicks is fault thank god he's gone (now if he could just sell the stars)

Members online