Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Dodgers under new control

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hollywood

Jan 30, 2010
MLB takes over day to day control of the Dodgers. Finally, now they can get a new owner sooner rather than later.

Pastretta

Aug 27, 2008
Arizona
Damn that broad sure did screw over McCourt...Or did McCourt screw himself by marrying the golddigger in the first place? ::facepalm:: :benson:

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
Pastretta said:
Damn that broad sure did screw over McCourt...Or did McCourt screw himself by marrying the golddigger in the first place? ::facepalm:: :benson:

IF I remember correctly she had more money than him in their early days...

I believe he used her family's money to start some of his early "projects", including a Parking garage that he somehow turned into the money leverage to start his buying with. :?

She's still a nut job tho'. The rumors have been that she just had no idea how much the Dodgers were worth and once she did, she sought to change their already-agreed-on deal that started this whole mess.

Pastretta

Aug 27, 2008
Arizona
gt2590 said:
Pastretta said:

IF I remember correctly she had more money than him in their early days...

I believe he used her family's money to start some of his early "projects", including a Parking garage that he somehow turned into the money leverage to start his buying with. :?

She's still a nut job tho'. The rumors have been that she just had no idea how much the Dodgers were worth and once she did, she sought to change their already-agreed-on deal that started this whole mess.

Aye I see....She does seem like a mess. ::facepalm::

Dodger fans must be happy. I read some tweets about how is so cheap as an owner. It could be a good thing for Dodger fans then.

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
Jaypers said:
Wonder if this will impact their draft or not.

Purke, Part 2?

The McCourts had cut the scouting/international departments almost every year. But it may too late to fix that in time for this year's draft...

dutchj16

Aug 11, 2008
gt2590 said:
Jaypers said:
Wonder if this will impact their draft or not.

Purke, Part 2?

The McCourts had cut the scouting/international departments almost every year. But it may too late to fix that in time for this year's draft...

Lee was a good pick last year....so far.

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
The McCourts were pretty lousy owners, no doubt. They were pretty set with their payroll goal, and cut organizational folks whenever possible.

Speculation has always been that He just went after the team to get the Real Estate, which is his "specialty". He had made an offer on the Red Sox (his hometown), and I guarantee the Sox fans are very happy he didn't win it. :lol:

TNP777

Aug 7, 2008
the 209
Sad, sad day for my Dodgers. While it may be a good thing in the long run, right now it's a huge black eye on a once proud franchise.

rico08

Aug 7, 2008
Los Angeles
I heard being an employee at Dodgers Stadium when the McCourts took over was awful. Management took away anything they deemed an unnecessary cost...like the shuttle that used to take employees from their parking lot to the stadium and security.

I hope the players relax a little because whoever the new owners turn out to be they'll surely care a lot more about the franchise than the McCourts did.

RNCoyote

Nov 4, 2009
Texas
Hopefully they will be new owners that WILL NOT demand a new stadium or risk moving. Meanwhile you might expect MLB to cut whatever big money contracts along trading away the team's star player and top prospects from their farm system

rico08

Aug 7, 2008
Los Angeles
RNCoyote said:
Hopefully they will be new owners that WILL NOT demand a new stadium or risk moving. Meanwhile you might expect MLB to cut whatever big money contracts along trading away the team's star player and top prospects from their farm system

I highly doubt it.

elchavo

Feb 17, 2011
FINALLY!!!! they can make him sell the team and I can be a dodger fan again and stop, and get a owner who actually can actually spend some money and make the dodgers competitive again, this is a big market and the owner should spend some money, and stop acting like if we were the royals or pirates or a team like that

Rickzcards

Sep 26, 2008
Sin City
elchavo said:
FINALLY!!!! they can make him sell the team and I can be a dodger fan again and stop, and get a owner who actually can actually spend some money and make the dodgers competitive again, this is a big market and the owner should spend some money, and stop acting like if we were the royals or pirates or a team like that
Let's hope so. But you can pretty much write off this season. It would be nice if they can get their crap together and make a offer to Pujols. One can hope.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts