Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

I can see the writing on the wall.. potential Ebay problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Erich

Aug 26, 2008
Anywhere Delta goes.
I sold this card
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... AQ:US:1123

and got this message today

Hey its jeff I recieved the Heyward Gold/50 and it has a dinged lower left corner I don't believe it is worth what I paid for it because of the condition.Please contact Thanx

I put in the auction discription the nick on the bottom corner. I sent him a message back letting him know this info was in the discription and what he wants me to do. Any suggestions? Hold my ground and risk blowing my perfect feedback or just refund the card.

phillyfan0417

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Greenfield, Wisconsin, United States
Erich said:
I sold this card

Hey its jeff I recieved the Heyward Gold/50 and it has a dinged lower left corner I don't believe it is worth what I paid for it because of the condition.Please contact Thanx

I put in the auction discription the nick on the bottom corner. I sent him a message back letting him know this info was in the discription and what he wants me to do. Any suggestions? Hold my ground and risk blowing my perfect feedback or just refund the card.

If more sellers held their ground, this wouldnt happen as much. If you have it in the description then why would you back down?

rico08

Aug 7, 2008
Los Angeles
I just got negg'd by someone who refused to send the item back and therefore forfeited a refund. I don't think there are any go-to guidelines anymore except to be prepared to bend over.

Erich

Aug 26, 2008
Anywhere Delta goes.
phillyfan0417 said:
Erich said:
I sold this card

If more sellers held their ground, this wouldnt happen as much. If you have it in the description then why would you back down?
because of the horror stories I have heard of buyers farther damaging cards and I would probably loose a dispute on paypal. I am hoping the seller has some sense and realizes he should have read the discription before bidding.

phillyfan0417

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Greenfield, Wisconsin, United States
Erich said:
phillyfan0417 said:
Erich said:
I sold this card

because of the horror stories I have heard of buyers farther damaging cards and I would probably loose a dispute on paypal. I am hoping the seller has some sense and realizes he should have read the discription before bidding.

If you described the damage, you should at least make the decision go against you. Call ebay and see what they say...

A_Pharis

Tell him to send it back for a refund. And tell him he must send first.
If he refuses, tell him to open a dispute with PayPal as INAD - but when you receive the notice immediately verify it with PayPal and let them agree that you want the card back before refund.

SeattleSports

Jun 11, 2010
Unrelated but why not give a better picture? Either put it in a sleeve or at the very least crop the image. Cropping it would at least allow the bottom left corner to be shown more.

Here is his loophole.

Condition: Like New: An item that looks as if it was just taken out of shrink wrap. No visible wear, and all facets of the item are flawless and intact. See the seller’s listing for full details and description of any imperfections. See all condition definitions- opens in a new window or tab... Read more about the condition

You need to change this in the item specifics if it has any damage. He may claim that he didn't read the description but saw this instead. A bigger/better scan would have helped as well.

Members online

Latest posts