Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Need Input...Whats Bubba Starling Orange Ref. Auto worth??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jpup33

Mar 18, 2011
Hey guys So I cracked my first case ever tonight... it was 2010 Bowman Chrome... Had some good hits... IMO the best pull was a Bubba Starling Orange Refractor Auto 20/25 out of literally the first 2 packs... Saw the Golds on Ebay #'d/50 for around $300... what do you pros here think this orange is worth??

thanks in advance

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
Congrats on a great pull! I have a gold so I've tracked most of his bigger parallels lately and it seems that the last few golds have been $290-$360 or so, so I think an Orange should be good for $350-$450.

jpup33

Mar 18, 2011
ALL_THE_HYPE said:
Congrats on a great pull! I have a gold so I've tracked most of his bigger parallels lately and it seems that the last few golds have been $290-$360 or so, so I think an Orange should be good for $350-$450.

NICE!!! Thanks for the info... Pics to follow shortly once i finish alil bit of work...

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
jpup33 said:
ALL_THE_HYPE said:

NICE!!! Thanks for the info... Pics to follow shortly once i finish alil bit of work...

No problem, I think as others have mentioned, price will depend a lot on condition/centering of the card. I'm personally planning to hold mine for awhile longer simply because I don't really see anything that will make his stock drop between now and draft time.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Slightly OT, but has the Starling Super Auto surfaced yet, to anyone's knowledge?

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
Jaypers said:
Slightly OT, but has the Starling Super Auto surfaced yet, to anyone's knowledge?

Pretty sure it has not yet surfaced. I know a guy on here who teaches at Bubba's high school and has been looking for this card since the product went live with no luck so far. He does own a red though.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
ALL_THE_HYPE said:
Jaypers said:

Pretty sure it has not yet surfaced. I know a guy on here who teaches at Bubba's high school and has been looking for this card since the product went live with no luck so far. He does own a red though.

Ah yes, I believe you're referring to Brian, aka "Naysayer". He's a friend of mine as well. Doesn't post much anymore.

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
Jaypers said:
ALL_THE_HYPE said:
Jaypers said:

Ah yes, I believe you're referring to Brian, aka "Naysayer". He's a friend of mine as well. Doesn't post much anymore.

Yep he's the one. From what he's told me, he kinda goes in and out of the hobby but I think he still keeps up on his Starling eBay searches and rightly so. It can't be too often that you get to teach the top high school prospect in the country :cool:

MartinFFcollector

Aug 7, 2008
CA.
Jaypers said:

I was following the higher USA cards. Never seen the Super either. Only seen 2 of the Red /5 non autos surface.

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
Here ya go. Looks a little off-center left/right but I'm sure most of them are like that. Very nice card. And on another note, if all those cards pictured in that section of your bucket are from the same case, I think that makes it one of the best cases I've seen.

DSC_0049.jpg

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Besides the centering, it appears as though there is a pin mark in the top border, above "1st". Also, I seem to detect a dent along the very top edge, between the helmet and bat.

Might be worth sending back to Topps for a replacement if in fact that is the case.

hail2thevictors

Jan 20, 2010
Jaypers said:
Besides the centering, it appears as though there is a pin mark in the top border, above "1st". Also, I seem to detect a dent along the very top edge, between the helmet and bat.

Might be worth sending back to Topps for a replacement if in fact that is the case.

Would they replace it though?

And, would they get the replacement to him in time to sell before the draft? Not sure this card will go down much in value, but if I were the OP I would want to unload it when he's drafted-and I'm not sure he can count on Topps to get it back that fast.

Krom

Jun 13, 2010
Long Island
Jaypers said:

Its kinda looks like its the poly sleeve thats doing that, i hope.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
hail2thevictors said:
Jaypers said:

Would they replace it though?

And, would they get the replacement to him in time to sell before the draft? Not sure this card will go down much in value, but if I were the OP I would want to unload it when he's drafted-and I'm not sure he can count on Topps to get it back that fast.

If the defects are indeed as I described, yes they would.

And whenever I send a card back for replacement, they're pretty quick - I usually get mine back within 2 weeks.

jpup33

Mar 18, 2011
ALL_THE_HYPE said:
Here ya go. Looks a little off-center left/right but I'm sure most of them are like that. Very nice card. And on another note, if all those cards pictured in that section of your bucket are from the same case, I think that makes it one of the best cases I've seen.

DSC_0049.jpg

thanks for adding the pic to the thread for me... It is alil off center & the impression aove the 1 is on the penny or toploader, not on the card...

Yes all those cards were from this case + these base autos: Aroldis Chapman, Gary Sanchez, Daniel Fields, Robinon Chirinos, Michael Lorenzen, Matt Davidson, Franciso Peguero, Carlos Peguero, Jeurys Familia, Jason Kipnis.