Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

BA PROSPECT HOT SHEET - 4/22

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ballerskrip

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago Area
Martin perez isn't even the list? Really?

Nice on Torres, too bad i haven't been able to find anything of his to buy the last 6 months, just a gold.

skrip

soxrchamps07

Aug 7, 2008
Ramirez and Perez both gon snubbed, badly, not even a team photo mention. They both only pitched 5 innings but it is insane that they didnt at least get a mention.

prospectorgems

Nov 29, 2008
Wisconsin
ballerskrip said:
Martin perez isn't even the list? Really?

Nice on Torres, too bad i haven't been able to find anything of his to buy the last 6 months, just a gold.

skrip

Same thing with Denny Almonte. Hit over .400, 5 HR, 13 RBI's. Should have at least been in the 11th spot.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Speaking of snubs -- no Goldschmidt? Really?

As for Martin Perez, I'm sure Matt Eddy will blame either the weather, his low K rate, or both.

prospectorgems

Nov 29, 2008
Wisconsin
sheetskout said:
Tyler Thornburg = Lincecum Lite

Nice to see that. Kevbo must be happy too!

That is nice with Thornburg. I am sure it will take some time for him to get noticed. I am glad that when I prospected two Brewers prospects I selected Thornburg as my second guy. Just now with that Cody Hawn would do something.

Zambrano38

Aug 11, 2008
Say Brett Jackson keeps it up and gets called up by the end of the year, what happens with the Cubs outfield? Do they trade Byrd? Is Colvin going to playing left next year? I wish I knew :lol:

t3dudek

Mar 20, 2010
cant believe james darnell was snubbed he is hitting over .500 on the year. might be that he has only hit 1 hr...

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
t3dudek said:
cant believe james darnell was snubbed he is hitting over .500 on the year. might be that he has only hit 1 hr...

@Jaypers413 (IL): How close did James Darnell come this week? You've got to be impressed with his BB:K ratio thus far, no?

Matthew Eddy: Padres Double-A 3B James Darnell came very close to cracking the Hot Sheet. He's showing early that he's over the wrist injury that cut into his production last year by batting .500/.596/.727 through his first 12 games for San Antonio. And how about a 12-to-1 walk-to-strikeout ratio? Darnell went 12-for-19 (.632) last week, but his four extra-base hits (all doubles) didn't compare with others who made the cut.

sheetskout

Administrator
Aug 10, 2008
Milwaukee, WI
prospectorgems said:
sheetskout said:

That is nice with Thornburg. I am sure it will take some time for him to get noticed. I am glad that when I prospected two Brewers prospects I selected Thornburg as my second guy. Just now with that Cody Hawn would do something.

I hear that. But those are pretty "fringe" guys. I would be happy if just Thornburg worked out. I'm looking for Kentrail to show a little power.

phillyfan0417

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Greenfield, Wisconsin, United States
sheetskout said:
prospectorgems said:
sheetskout said:

I hear that. But those are pretty "fringe" guys. I would be happy if just Thornburg worked out. I'm looking for Kentrail to show a little power.

I've got some Thornburgs. He was way too cheap not to buy with some of the reports. Would like to see him go deeper into games...

padremurph

Aug 7, 2010
Great to see so many Padres make this list early on this year.

Glad that Decker's on it again.

hail2thevictors

Jan 20, 2010
I'm wondering the same thing Keith is...

Keith (Providence, RI): I was surprised that Charlie Furbush didn't make the list. He pitched a complete game (7 innings - only 86 pitches) 1 hit shutout, striking out 9 and walking none. On the season, he has a 33.9 K%, a 6.5 BB%, and a 1.17 FIP (1.62 ERA). He really impressed the Tigers in camp this spring as well. What do you think about his chances to stick in the majors as a mid-rotation starter?

Matthew Eddy: I may regret omitting him from my ranking, but you're right in that Tigers Triple-A LHP Charlie Furbush has flat-out dominated this season, allowing just 12 baserunners in 16 2/3 innings to go with 21 strikeouts. The swing-and-miss stuff's there, but I guess I still have reservations about the 25-year-old's command. Last year with Toledo he got hit hard in nine starts (10.9 hits and 1.7 homers per nine innings). Soon enough we'll know which was the fluke performance, late 2010 or early 2011.

Members online

Latest posts