Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

HOF auto #219 for my PC is a BIG one

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mighty Bombjack

Aug 7, 2008
Well of course I have wanted and needed a Babe Ruth autograph for my Hall of Fame collection for a long time. I have been selling items and saving money, planning on making some big pick-ups. I have also been getting more into collecting signed baseball books. I have looked at hundreds of Ruth autos over the last two years, considering cuts, checks, and photos, but I have come across a handful of books and have always wanted one. The Heritage auction ending today seemed the right timing to pick up this gem.

Normally, I give a player bio in these threads, but Babe needs no intro. This has the original dustjacket (upon which I will place an archival mylar cover) and JSA letter. I am SO excited to add a Ruth auto'd book to my collection. It cost me 5600 after buyers premium.

I now have autos of 219 different HOF players, managers, executives, and umpires.

RuthCover.jpg

Ruthauto.jpg

Thanks for looking!

BunchOBull

Dec 12, 2008
Houston, TX
Books are probably the best medium to find clean vintage signatures on. They rarely sit open in the sun and even have some minor level of protection from moisture. I don't think you'll find a nicer signature anywhere. Congrats.

Sean_C

Oct 21, 2009
Welcome to the Ruth Club! There really is nothing like having one. Congrats on the great pickup!

abeabe

Oct 3, 2010
That is a really bold auto, being inside the book and not getting light has preserved it much better the most autographs that have that much age.

A_Pharis

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHFKWISLAMEHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH~!