Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Opinions please

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Legion_79

Mar 22, 2011
Sharonville, Ohio
In addition to baseball cards, I used to be heavy in Magic the Gathering and part of my collection is a Alpha edition Black Lotus. A friend has a 1990 Frank Thomas nnof that he is offering to trade. Neither card is graded and the lotus is not in mint, the problem is while the lotus is worth a bit more, i have seen more of those for sale that the Thomas cards. Any thoughts, I have been kicking this around for the last couple of days.

TomMurry

Jan 30, 2010
Eastern PA
Are you wanting the Thomas to resell or for your collection?
If you want it for yourself, do it. If youre looking to resell, unless its in great shape, you wont get anywhere near what you could have 10 years ago.

Legion_79

Mar 22, 2011
Sharonville, Ohio
the Thomas would be for my personal collection, I really dont sell anything(main reason why I still have the Lotus). The Thomas has a slight ding on the lower right corner, so its not mint either. I am starting to sway towards keeping the lotus because I know if i trade it, i wont have another one since Im past the point on wanting to drop money for Magic cards

BunchOBull

Dec 12, 2008
Houston, TX
The NNOF would be financially easiest to replace. While there are probably less of them, it doesn't have the international market that Magic the Gathering has.

srstetler

Apr 2, 2010
Maryland
I have no idea what either of these cards look like. Sometimes a card's appeal is solely based on a personal favorite player, or its overall design, while other times the rarity of a card can be intriguing and then there's the value that the market places on it for resale.

It's hard to make a judgment when the criteria you offer is somewhat vague (e.g., card condition). The player collector might have an easy time with this decision, likewise, the the person looking to flip the card might have an easy time deciding.

If neither card was yours and you were given the opportunity to have one which one would you select? What information would you use to support your selection?

Legion_79

Mar 22, 2011
Sharonville, Ohio
I'm going to think about it for the rest of the weekend but the more I think about it, I think I will keep the lotus. never been a big thomas collector but always thought it would be a cool card to have. I dont have pics of the lotus available or of the thomas card in question at the moment, otherwise I would throw up some scans. Thanks everyone for the responses!

BunchOBull

Dec 12, 2008
Houston, TX
This is true. If you do go through with the trade, please get a picture of the NNOF first, I have a decent amount of experience with the card and would be glad to help.

Members online

Latest posts