Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

4/24 MLB Talk

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
Had to make a thread just to have someplace to post about the homer Stanton just hit--that ball was crushed!!

Most games are at least underway now, who are you watching today?

Mudcatsfan

Aug 7, 2008
Holy Moly. I just saw where he hit that ball. You have to remember this is a football stadium. People don't hit balls up into the tunnel of the sky boxes out there. Good lord this kid's a freak

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
Wright with 2 homers and an SB. Now has 5 of each but he's still K'ing more than once a game, and in the long run, that can't be good.

Rickie Weeks with his 5th homer. He's been overshadowed by the great starts by Fielder and Braun, but he's been one of the best offensive 2nd baseman in baseball for over a year now.

P_Manning 18

Aug 7, 2008
Scherzer did what most pitchers are doing.... Shutting down the White Sox.

8 IP 4 hits allowed.

Moved to 4-0 with todays victory.

Mighty Bombjack

Aug 7, 2008
ALL_THE_HYPE said:
Had to make a thread just to have someplace to post about the homer Stanton just hit--that ball was crushed!!
I just watched that on DVR. What a bomb! I had high hopes after the Rockies' comeback in the 8th, only to have Stanton CRUSH that thing.

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
Mudcatsfan said:
Holy Moly. I just saw where he hit that ball. You have to remember this is a football stadium. People don't hit balls up into the tunnel of the sky boxes out there. Good lord this kid's a freak

It was an absolute BOMB.

What impresses me most about Stanton is that even his homeruns are usually line drives and they take about three seconds to go from the bat to the bleachers.

Here's the link to his mammoth shot today:

http://mlb.mlb.com/video/play.jsp?content_id=14129265

Russ S.

Aug 10, 2008
VA / DC / MD
ALL_THE_HYPE said:
Mudcatsfan said:

It was an absolute BOMB.

What impresses me most about Stanton is that even his homeruns are usually line drives and they take about three seconds to go from the bat to the bleachers.

Impressive blast!

Even more impressive is the lack of fans in the crowd. :lol:
What were there like 18 fans in the outfield bleachers. :lol:

mredsox89

Aug 29, 2008
Miami/Boston
scotty21690 said:
2 run shot for Crawford :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Took him long enough. Hopefully this series gets him going. The fact that the team has won 7/8 and the offense still isn't playing very well (ridiculously awful with RISP) is scary

scotty21690

Aug 7, 2008
mredsox89 said:
scotty21690 said:
2 run shot for Crawford :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Took him long enough. Hopefully this series gets him going. The fact that the team has won 7/8 and the offense still isn't playing very well (ridiculously awful with RISP) is scary
Agreed, but a win is a win...I'll take em' however we can get em'. :cool:

Mighty Bombjack

Aug 7, 2008
Russ S. said:
[quote="ALL_THE_HYPE":9ipmm9qs]
Mudcatsfan said:

It was an absolute BOMB.

Impressive blast!

Even more impressive is the lack of fans in the crowd. :lol:
What were there like 18 fans in the outfield bleachers. :lol:[/quote:9ipmm9qs]

There were like 18 fans behind home plate. The crowd reminded me of the home opener in Major League.

Jan 15, 2009
How can Bochy be that bad managing his pitchers today? Uggla has OWNED Romo, Affeldt has been shaky for a while, Lopez/Runzler have been solid lately.

SamHell

Jun 12, 2010
Texas
Lose three series in a row? Offense struggling and bullpen in shambles? Don't worry the Royals are coming to town.

Nelson Cruz looks horrible right now but the Rangers win today for the sweep.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts