Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

storage question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chipperjfan10

Mar 31, 2011
hey guys this is for photos larger than 8.5x11. ive always used document sleeves for photos. but my dad bought me this binderish thing haha, that comes with plastic sleeves. has anyone used one of these, how do they work?

mburgin

Aug 11, 2008
i use the 8x10 ultra pro toploaders for my photos and then put them in a "sheet sleeve" for storage in notebooks.

BunchOBull

Dec 12, 2008
Houston, TX
mburgin said:
i use the 8x10 ultra pro toploaders for my photos and then put them in a "sheet sleeve" for storage in notebooks.

Be careful doing this. Those PVC Ultra Pro toploaders (all sizes) are not archival safe. As you'd never store a card in a toploader without a penny sleeve, documents and larger card should be handled the same way. I suggest mylar sleeves. I even have full, uncut sheets in mylar and poster-sized toploaders from Ultra Pro.

To the OP:

For posters and smaller uncut sheets I use archival safe document protectors with acid free backing. These can be found nationwide at Hobby Lobby stores (closed Sundays) in their coin/card/collectibles section. They run from $8 up to around $20 for the larger protectors, however, each can display 2 pieces.

I also use these for fine art and antique lithographs (another hobby of mine) storage and they offer superb protection from neutralization reactions with the paints and paper.

They also make art/document binders with archival safe sheets in them. They range in size from 8 to 24 pages and sizes from 8x10" up to poster sized.

http://www.shopzeus.com/product.php?sku ... CU-5902608

Members online

Latest posts