Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

anyone know anything about the 2011 topps diamond die-cuts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chevyfany2k2

Aug 28, 2008
myrtle beach,sc
busted 2 value boxes from walmart and got 7 diamond codes and redeemed them and 2 of the cards are the die-cut inserts, heard they are numbered to 60 but not 100% sure i know they sell pretty good on ebay,below are the scans i took from my cards on the topps site, not sure what value to place on them ether

2011-BB-DDC-DDC-75-NA_F_285x412.jpg

2011-BB-DDC-DDC-7-NA_F_285x412.jpg

nyc3

Aug 20, 2008
Neither of those are the black diamonds which will be numbered to 60, the diamonds are darker when they are.

A_Pharis

This has got to be the number one thing people are asking about. I don't know who it is spreading that the base die cuts are #'d to 60, but I wish they'd stop. No stated print run on these, but they are rumored to be at least to a few hundred.

A_Pharis

Here is your definitive proof:

2011 Aaron Hill

2011-BB-DDC-DDC-3-NA_F_285x412.jpg

Aaron Hill / Toronto Blue Jays
Card Number: DDC-3
QTY : 75

2011 Aaron Hill

2011-BB-DDC-DDC-3-BL_F_285x412.jpg

QTY : 7

See the bolded? That's the number redeemed. Notice the difference in the diamonds. Right now, there are over 70 redeemed copies of each regular die-cut. So, no - it's not #'d to 60. The black diamonds have a stated print run of 60 and are "prize cards", meaning you get them shipped for free.

The ratio so far has been right around 1 black diamond per 10 regular diamond die cuts. That ratio is pretty much across the board with die cuts. Given that, one would have to assume there are at least 600 of each regular die cut.

Gwynn545

Aug 29, 2008
North Seattle
A_Pharis said:
gwynn5453l4u said:
Nice Gwynn!! The last Gwynn went for a little more than $20 or so... kind of high for a /600!

That's because I feel like a lot of people are operating under the assumption that they are all #'d to 60.

Oh yes! I definitely agree. They will be $5 cards soon! I will wait for mine!

A_Pharis

chevyfany2k2 said:
thanks guys for the input, now the big ?, should i just have topps ship me the cards then or hold out and see what offers i get over at topps

jack

Topps probably won't be shipping cards for at least 4 or 5 months (ala MCG). Even though they say they will be shipping (in a few weeks). Your choices right now are to either hold them or sell them on eBay and set up a trade with the buyer.

Greg Cleveland

Aug 9, 2008
Eau Claire, Wisconsin, United States
A_Pharis said:
Here is your definitive proof:

2011 Aaron Hill / Toronto Blue Jays

The ratio so far has been right around 1 black diamond per 10 regular diamond die cuts. That ratio is pretty much across the board with die cuts. Given that, one would have to assume there are at least 600 of each regular die cut.

How did you find the QTY? That's really helpful to know when considering a trade.

A_Pharis

Greg Cleveland said:
[quote="A_Pharis":2zf4na76]Here is your definitive proof:

2011 Aaron Hill / Toronto Blue Jays

How did you find the QTY? That's really helpful to know when considering a trade.[/quote:2zf4na76]

- Go to the "Trade" heading and click "Trade your cards".
- On the left hand side, select "Make offer".
- Instead of selecting what you want to give up, click on "Card Search". It should be on the right hand side of the page.

Just do a search using whatever qualifiers you want. Most of the time, putting in the player and year will do it. For the Die-cuts, you can pretty much just search for year "2011" to "2011" with no player name. It'll show you all of the embedded diamond cards and the die-cuts.

Either way, in the results, the quantity redeemed is the bottom item under each returned result (next to QTY: )

RZimm11

Feb 4, 2009
Traded for a base Zimmerman, so at least I don't need to buy one! Would like to grab a black one, but not spending the money on it.

Members online

Latest posts