Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Scammer got busted

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kdailey4315

Mar 4, 2009
TwinGnats said:
What am I missing? re: calculators?

They didn't really say. They're either getting store credit then buying expensive calculators to sell on eBay or buying expensive calculators then returning them with cheap calculators in them.

kdailey4315

Mar 4, 2009
A_Pharis said:
If only all of their stores would take up this practice. That crap is rampant around here. Entire shelves of blasters with no shrink wrap and yellow return stickers.

If it's a Target and the yellow sticker you're talking about is yellow and white striped they shouldn't be out on the shelves. They're supposed be returned to the manufacture.

hail2thevictors

Jan 20, 2010
kdailey4315 said:
TwinGnats said:
What am I missing? re: calculators?

They didn't really say. They're either getting store credit then buying expensive calculators to sell on eBay or buying expensive calculators then returning them with cheap calculators in them.

This was my take: they used the $2.99 UPC to buy the blasters, capitalized on any good hits, then repackaged everything and returned them. The $2.99 UPC was removed, so they most likely returned them at full price, but without a receipt-gaining in-store credit. The high price calculators must have offered the best solution to them in terms of getting as much $$ from reselling them, compared to other Target items-so the store credit was used to buy the calculators.

Gwynn545

Aug 29, 2008
North Seattle
I guess the lesson learned here is... there are good hits in retail!?!?! :eek: :eek:
:lol:
Seriously, though, I can picture it now:
Man and woman walk up to Target checkstand with six boxes of cards for $2.99 each, twenty $100 calculators, a pack of gum and a box of Trix cereal and pays with a dozen gift cards...EVERY WEEK SINCE SEPTEMBER...

That's how long it took to get suspicious?

CompleteGibberish

Sep 14, 2009
The sad fact is they will get misdemeanor retail fraud as Walmart will more than likely, not be able to prove what was sold and returned.
You have to assume they are following more than 1 person,hence the 7 month long sting lol
I see 2 hispanics taking baseball cards back into the store....lets stay back and investigate.
They were investigating shoplifting and stumbled on to this,of that I have no doubt. I would not be surprised if they were flea market vendors as well
You can only speculate as to an items value vs the value of returned items. As baseball card companies apply no value beyond pack price,they have to consider that if these 2 lawyer up it could be reduced to vandalism at best.
3rd Degree retail fraud is shop lifting....if they admit to nothing the charges will get reduced and make this a lucrative process for them in the future at other walmarts and targets

However the calculator end of this fiasco is baffling to say the least. I am not aware of a calculator premium demand :)

bilde

What are you looking at ? Can buy Strasburg ?!??

bilde

What spot ?

boomo

Sep 14, 2008
cgilmo said:
boomo said:
what the... he was a top rated seller, what BS !!

How he obtained the stuff has nothing to do with his selling status.

chris, i am worried about you.
u absolutely have no idea how to seperate
serious from non serious.

did that really sound like i cared about his selling status?

Members online