Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

eBay Sellers to avoid like the plague!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

npa589

Jan 25, 2011
Ok, I have to post a string of messages for a seller by the name of djeffery2711.

Back story is this: I purchased 2 items from him. He claims he sent them, but I never got them. Personally, I think he's a liar.

Okay--- here are the messages:

Where is my item?: npa589 sent a message about 1983 Donruss Wade Boggs Graded 8 #110666486832
To: djeffery2711
Sent: Apr-14-11 01:13 PM

Dear djeffery2711,

I havent received either this Wade Boggs card, nor have I received the Frank Thomas card that I purchased from you. By tomorrow, it will have been 2 weeks.

My e-mail is [email protected] --- contact me please.

- npa589

Where is my item?: npa589 sent a message about 1983 Donruss Wade Boggs Graded 8 #110666486832
Sent: Apr-15-11 02:34 PM

Dear djeffery2711,

Contacted you yesterday about the items that I have not received yet (the Wade Boggs & Frank Thomas), but did not receive a response.

Do you have a confirmation number? Have you shipped them?

Thank you for your time

- npa589

Here is my 3rd message to him:

Sent: Apr-18-11 05:54 PM

Dear djeffery2711,

Um - haven't received my items. Have contacted you 3 times now. If you do not respond by tomorrow, I'm filing a complaint.

- npa589

Here is my 4th message:

Sent: Apr-19-11 07:24 PM

Dear djeffery2711,

Where are my items?

4th time asking.

- npa589

FINALLY, he responds:

Re: Where is my item?: npa589 sent a message about 1983 Donruss Wade Boggs Graded 8 #110666486832
To: npa589
Sent: Apr-19-11 10:43 PM

You replied to this message on Apr-21-11.

Dear npa589,

Sent it out with the rest. Everyone else has gotten theirs.

- djeffery2711

Re: Where is my item?: npa589 sent a message about 1983 Donruss Wade Boggs Graded 8 #110666486832
Sent: Apr-21-11 06:51 PM

Dear djeffery2711,

Right.

We'll see if that sells to eBay.

You have till next Friday.

- npa589

I sent another message right after that:

Sent: Apr-21-11 06:51 PM

Dear djeffery2711,

Another thing:

I had to send you 4 messages before you responded. Very unprofessional.

- npa589

His response:

Subject: Re: Where is my item?: npa589 sent a message about 1983 Donruss Wade Boggs Graded 8 #110666486832
Sent Date: Apr-21-11 20:40:42 PDT

Dear npa589,

Listen i know you might find this hard to believe but i have a life outside of ebay unlike yourself.I have friends and real people who i talk to. Now listen very closely so you dont miss anything. Once i send the item through the mail it is out of my hands right? The Postal service handles billions of pieces of mail each year. Now with that said i sent yours out with the other 20 i sent out. Everyone else has gotten theirs. Now if you are so ignorant to think i only kept yours thats exactly what you are, ignorant. Just a couple weeks ago i got back an item which i sent 2 months ago and me and the other person were bitchen at each other for weeks i issued a refund and lone and behold the item shows back up in my mail box all roughed up a couple weeks later. Now if you wanna be all high and mighty i will issue a refund. If you want to wait which i recommend you do, then do that.

- djeffery2711

Sent: Apr-22-11 01:29 AM

Dear djeffery2711,

Intelligence is hard to come by isn't it! I apologize that you were not granted it throughout your life.

Refund my money now, and enjoy the negative feedback.

- npa589

Subject: Re: Where is my item?: npa589 sent a message about 1983 Donruss Wade Boggs Graded 8 #110666486832
Sent Date: Apr-22-11 04:23:28 PDT

Dear npa589,

Get off the computer. Its a beautiful world out there. Your missing it.

- djeffery2711

Sent: Apr-22-11 11:59 AM

Dear djeffery2711,

Typically when people make attacks on the "value" of someone else's life, they are very unhappy with their own. I am sorry that you feel this away about the status/importance of your life. When someone says to me what you have said, the impetus for such asinine comments is almost always a subconscious attempt to validate themselves as one who is leading a good life, an important life.
I found this hilarious:

Get off the computer. Its a beautiful world out there. Your missing it.

1. It's "It's", not "Its". It's = it is. Its is a possessive article. For example: Its lack of intelligence was evident.
2. It's "you're", not "your". You're = you are.
3. "Get off the computer". You're on the computer, and that message that I had previously sent was from my phone.

I expect a refund within a week.

Thanks.

Nate

Sent: Apr-22-11 08:51 PM

eBay sent this message to Nate Adams (npa589).
Your registered name is included to show this message originated from eBay. Learn more.

Seller has responded to your question about this item

Do not respond to the sender if this message requests that you complete the transaction outside of eBay. This type of offer is against eBay policy, may be fraudulent, and is not covered by buyer protection programs. Learn More.

Dear npa589,

I think it hilarious you keep responding to someone so stupid. If you were so smart you would have just left it alone. Right? You keep making my day by responding i thank you for that. When you can actually rip on me for something i dont already know i will be impressed. Until that day your just another rotting piece of **** who will get theirs. My life is pretty damn sweet by the way thanks for playing mind reader too. You are just full of talents i bet your parents are proud.

- djeffery2711

Do I even need to say anything about that last response by him? (I immediately contacted eBay...they're in full support and were baffled by his unprofessional responses).

"If you were so smart, you would have just left it alone."

Right, just accept that you didn't ever send my items.

The seller, again, is djeffery2711

Here is his feedback page with someone pretty much sums up what has happened to me:

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.d ... gative_180

Your thoughts???

npa589

Jan 25, 2011
Also - please post any sellers that you have had major trouble with so that others on this board can avoid him/her. I'm tired of dealing with unprofessional cons.

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
Kinda why it isn't worth getting all worked up and starting an email war with a faceless seller you won't ever have to deal with again but just this once. I would have just filed a claim after the 2nd email and "corresponded" with him through that process. People (including myself more often than I'd like to admit) have short fuses and are quick to get defensive in online exchanges.

Krom

Jun 13, 2010
Long Island
npa589 said:
Also - please post any sellers that you have had major trouble with so that others on this board can avoid him/her. I'm tired of dealing with unprofessional cons.
There is a sticky at the top of the baseball board that is Ebay sellers to block.

cwc2002

Dec 7, 2008
Brewer Andy said:
Kinda why it isn't worth getting all worked up and starting an email war with a faceless seller you won't ever have to deal with again but just this once. I would have just filed a claim after the 2nd email and "corresponded" with him through that process. People (including myself more often than I'd like to admit) have short fuses and are quick to get defensive in online exchanges.

+1 I almost never get worked up with someone on ebay. Just file the claim, get it over with. Next time this happens to you, file a complaint after the 2nd email and I guarantee you that you would've gotten a reply back.

TomMurry

Jan 30, 2010
Eastern PA
If you'd have made a comment to me like "Issue me a refund and enjoy your negative feedback" I'd have told you to go F yourself and I'd let paypal/ebay handle it.

jpruitt2

Aug 11, 2008
Searcy, Arkansas
GarkoCollector said:
If you'd have made a comment to me like "Issue me a refund and enjoy your negative feedback" I'd have told you to go F yourself and I'd let paypal/ebay handle it.

+1. They way you went about it and with the threats will get you blocked from most sellers here.

A_Pharis

You both were pretty ******* and personal. In all fairness - he's right. Not everyone is a professional eBay seller. The guy offered you a refund. You could have said "Ok" and accepted the refund and just cancel the transaction. Instead...

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
What kind of clown buyer spends a week in a back and forth banter about a couple dirt cheap auctions?

Why not fire off an "Item not received" after the seller was unresponsive? Looking for an argument or at least some quality back and forth.

As far as I am concerned, you got exactly what you seemed to hope for. If I were you, I'd simply thank the seller for the entertainment and leave positives across the board.

Seriously, the seller is charging $1 to ship a $4+ graded card and you're jumping down his throat.

Oh well, at least you posted your ID as well.

69madman69

Feb 25, 2011
I guess you figured you were going to get a "rah rah" response from the readers, but you have to remember that you are dealing with many seasoned buyers AND sellers here. The bright side is that you received an education for a minimal expense (should you not receive compensation). The moment you make your exchange personal is the moment you lose all integrity and sink to the level of the other party. We all learn that lesson in the business world at some point. The once hilarious attack on syntax and grammar has become so cliche. You might as well have just said, "my knob is bigger than yours." It would have accomplished just as much.

shayscards79

Aug 17, 2010
Chicago
It's not worth it even mess with people like this.

I would have send one message asking. If they weren't courteous enough to respond, send them a warning. Still don't want to respond? File a claim.

If people can't conduct business in a professional matter they deserve to get fried. Obviously that guy is in no place to make a judgment calls on anyone's character. Obviously his actions, or inactions in this case and his childish response isn't shocking.

npa589

Jan 25, 2011
I love the "overreaction" criticisms, shortly before people exclaiming "blocked two people".

I'm not surprised by the reactions of people on here, as I don't have high expectations for the professionalism of "seasoned" sellers. The self-aggrandizement on this site is hilarious.

npa589

Jan 25, 2011
More internet tough guys. You collect Ryan Garko. ---enough said.

GarkoCollector said:

bricewaynebisel

Jan 27, 2009
Oklahoma City, OK
Kind of agree with everyone else here, as you got pretty worked up over this. I would have filed the complaint earlier if I didn't choose to wait. Also found it a tad bit funny that as you were giving out free grammar and syntax lessons to the guy, you repeatedly used phrases such as "your on the computer." Little bit nit-picky on my part, but it just amused me.

npa589

Jan 25, 2011
It would be nit-picky if it were even correct. Not that it's a big deal, but I never said "your on the computer" other than when I was copying him. Regardless, if I am going to be insulted, I want the insulter to do it correctly. Heh.

bricewaynebisel said:
Kind of agree with everyone else here, as you got pretty worked up over this. I would have filed the complaint earlier if I didn't choose to wait. Also found it a tad bit funny that as you were giving out free grammar and syntax lessons to the guy, you repeatedly used phrases such as "your on the computer." Little bit nit-picky on my part, but it just amused me.

npa589

Jan 25, 2011
Really no problem.

People attack other people for many reasons, including on this site (not you), there is a fellowship to banding against someone. Hindsight is always 20-20. It's funny to hear people say I got too worked up about it. I sent 4 or 5 messages before getting a response. The ironic thing is that most responders on here would have had me be less patient. What's the more "*******" thing to do? Give the seller a chance, or just whine to the authorities as soon as you don't get a response?

I gave him a chance, and was respectful/understanding until I got one of those "weinerish" responses.

Whatever - I'm going to bed.

Members online