Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

My first Jeter Auto with an Inscription...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AK11

May 24, 2010
jeterUCJerseyAutoInscription.jpg

I thought it was nice, so I bought it on an impulse. Yes, his signature goes off the jersey on both ends, but the inscription makes up for it.

Jared

Oct 22, 2009
Great stuff.

I actually like the fact that the autograph goes off of both sides that way you can tell he signed the piece of jersey after it was inserted into the card, rather than have it run off and you can't see some of the autograph because it is hidden underneath.

That's such a beautiful card without a doubt.

AK11

May 24, 2010
A_Pharis said:
Edit: Just wondering the odds of "The Captain" being original.

Are you referring to the nickname itself or the the the actual inscription on the card? I do not see how the inscription was applied after the auto. The ink is the same color and look to it. Doesn't look fake to me.

A_Pharis

AK11 said:
A_Pharis said:

Are you referring to the nickname itself or the the the actual inscription on the card? I do not see how the inscription was applied after the auto. The ink is the same color and look to it. Doesn't look fake to me.

I am always skeptical of anything that doesn't occur elsewhere in the same set of 99 and isn't noted in some way.

AK11

May 24, 2010
A_Pharis said:
AK11 said:
[quote="A_Pharis":1a5n0tlf]

I am always skeptical of anything that doesn't occur elsewhere in the same set of 99 and isn't noted in some way.[/quote:1a5n0tlf]

Well, the seller got this as a replacement from UD, so this card was held back by UD during release more than likely. I agree I have never seen another one either, but to assume some UD rep added it to one single card for the fun of it is a lot to assume also. The inscription is tucked right under his sig, where most players do an inscription. It is is not further down in open space or anything. When I get baseballs signed in-person at shows, most players make their inscription tightly under their signature. I understand the skepticism though. Better to be safe than sorry.

A_Pharis

AK11 said:
A_Pharis said:
AK11 said:
[quote="A_Pharis":2ulkzq0a]

I am always skeptical of anything that doesn't occur elsewhere in the same set of 99 and isn't noted in some way.

Well, the seller got this as a replacement from UD, so this card was held back by UD during release more than likely. I agree I have never seen another one either, but to assume some UD rep added it to one single card for the fun of it is a lot to assume also. The inscription is tucked right under his sig, where most players do an inscription. It is is not further down in open space or anything. When I get baseballs signed in-person at shows, most players make their inscription tightly under their signature. I understand the skepticism though. Better to be safe than sorry.[/quote:2ulkzq0a]

Definitely unique. Nice pickup!

brouthercard

Jan 15, 2009
Looks neat if it is legit.

I opened a ton of that product and never saw an inscription.

I guess your only provenance is UD's word, they never advertised anything like that, and it would be too easy for someone to add an inscription to that card, even easier than patch faking. It may almost be at the level of ease as a press pass insciption addition.

If it is real, neat card, but as a buyer, I would have been VERY skeptical, especially if it came from anywhere near north carolina originally.

It is unfortunate, but in today's hobby, it is imperative that you are skeptical about everything, and without any convincing evidence/proof, it is tough to sell someone on what is claimed.

I saw an exquisite derrick rose inscription where the guy who got the card had to get Upper Deck to write out a signed letter to prove it's authenticity.

Then again, i've seen fake upper deck letters of authenticity as well.

As always, let the buyer beware.

Neat card from a neat set, though.

tm decomposer

Aug 29, 2010
A_Pharis said:
[quote="tm decomposer":1n5vkgki]Sweet card. I'd just delete the thread and listen to yourself about the card.

No one's trying to put him down on his card. Critique isn't a bad thing. I would hope people would ask questions regarding money I've spent.[/quote:1n5vkgki]
Good point.

nyc3

Aug 20, 2008
I would contact UD ASAP cause I can tell you Jeter has not inscribed very often, surely not randomly for one card. He charges nearly the same for an inscription as he does per autograph.

AK11

May 24, 2010
I will contact UD tomorrow by phone. None of their specific email address are correct for my inquiry, so if I sent an email, what email is best? If it is a fake, it had me fooled from the beginning. There is no way to look at it and tell it is fake.

beefycheddar

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Sorry for skepticism but I'd fear that was just an unautographed jersey card that someone forged an auto on even.

hail2thevictors

Jan 20, 2010
beefycheddar said:
Sorry for skepticism but I'd fear that was just an unautographed jersey card that someone forged an auto on even.

The autograph is definitely legit in my opinion. Have no idea about the inscription, but that auto looks spot on to me.

AK11

May 24, 2010
beefycheddar said:

Well, the COA on the back of the card says it is supposed to be autographed by Jeter.

JoshHamilton

Aug 7, 2008
AK11 said:
jeterUCJerseyAutoInscription.jpg

I thought it was nice, so I bought it on an impulse. Yes, his signature goes off the jersey on both ends, but the inscription makes up for it.

I hate to say it, but the jersey pieces were signed before being inserted in to the card

Yours was obviously signed afterward.

Sorry

Members online

Latest posts