Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Which would you reccomend?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
For the past couple years, my dad and I have done a "baseball weekend" type thing, where we hit up a couple games during a weekend. We started in 2009 with the last 2 games of the last series at the Dome, and last year, we went to see Team USA, Team Canada, and Team Chinese Taipei play in the cities. This year I am thinking we could make a push down south to a couple MiLB games unless some spectacular soul makes his way into the Northwoods League that we have to go see.

The requirements are, HAS to be MiLB (no IND teams or Summer Collegiate baseball). Preferably cheap, and within a reasonable drive (granted we live in MN, and everything is in the middle of Iowa), plus I wanted to see what you guys said about these teams.

I was only able to dig up these via the Travel Iowa website. If there are any in South Dakota, North Dakota, or Wisconsin, that would be cool to know. Also, if anyone has any idea on the graphing scene at the ballpark, that would be cool too.

Iowa Cubs
Burlington Bees
Cedar Rapids Kernals
Quad Cities River Bandits

Thanks for the help on these!

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
Yes. Correct.

I would like to hit up the Padres game on the 17th, but that ain't happenin. Possibly the 19th tho. Other than that, that will be my summer for MLB (unless by some miracle I am able to go to Seattle AND get to a Mariners game)

TGutta

May 30, 2010
Minnetonka, Minnesota
The Beloit Snappers play in Wisconsin (Low-A Twins). It's near the border of WIS/ILL though. I went down there for a game last year and had some fun. It was the Aaron Hicks Bobblehead day and he sat and signed them after the game was over. He didn't play because he was hurt at the time but that's one that I know of in Wisconsin. Probably about 5-6 hours from the cities if I remember correctly.

Musial Collector

Aug 7, 2008
TGutta said:
The Beloit Snappers play in Wisconsin (Low-A Twins). It's near the border of WIS/ILL though. I went down there for a game last year and had some fun. It was the Aaron Hicks Bobblehead day and he sat and signed them after the game was over. He didn't play because he was hurt at the time but that's one that I know of in Wisconsin. Probably about 5-6 hours from the cities if I remember correctly.

Hahaha, funny you bring up the Snappers, as I was just about to post about them also, as TB’s man crush Kyle Knudson is playing there.

TB, from Redwood Falls, its about 400 miles (7-8 hours), so not sure what you are considering a “reasonable drive”, but I bet you would have a blast.

From Beloit, you could always go south on 39 to 80, take that west to 35 north and head back towards Redwood Falls, I’m sure you can find those minor league teams in Iowa to see. Make a long weekend out of it.

mchenrycards

Featured Contributor, Vintage Corner, Senior Membe
I live near Beloit and go there all the time!! Its basically a glorified high school field but you are close to the players and its usually a heck of allot of fun. Why dont you make the loop around and go east to Appleton, Wisconsin for the Timber Rattlers and then make your way south to Beloit (about a 3-4 hour ride from Appleton). Then head west to Iowa and see any number of teams in the Midwest League or even the Iowa Cubs depending on how much you want to drive. You will see some decent baseball, some decent prospects and in Beloit, you will see what your team will look like in five years!

TGutta

May 30, 2010
Minnetonka, Minnesota
Musial Collector said:
TGutta said:

Hahaha, funny you bring up the Snappers, as I was just about to post about them also, as TB’s man crush Kyle Knudson is playing there.

TB, from Redwood Falls, its about 400 miles (7-8 hours), so not sure what you are considering a “reasonable drive”, but I bet you would have a blast.

From Beloit, you could always go south on 39 to 80, take that west to 35 north and head back towards Redwood Falls, I’m sure you can find those minor league teams in Iowa to see. Make a long weekend out of it.

I didn't even think of Knudson being there either. That would be pretty cool since he was a Gopher and I know TB is picking up some of his stuff. When I was there before the game the players would basically be walking with the fans so you would have no problem seeing any of them.

Members online