Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

What to do about 2011 Topps Chrome?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gmarutiak

Jul 23, 2010
Baltimore, MD
OK, I know a bunch of us are wondering the same thing here, so I figured I'd ask what the rest of you are thinking:

1. Last year (like many of you), I got bit in the arse (hard) by Topps Chrome. After the Bowman insanity, I bought Chrome on pre-sell for something like $65 a box. Then, as we all know, it dropped instantly.

2. This year (like many of you), I'm seeing EVERYTHING that Topps makes shoot up while it's still on pre-sale, then again when it comes out, and not come down.

So, my question is, do I make the same decision (possibly mistake) as last year and buy 2011 Topps Chrome pre-sale now, at $67 or whatever it is, or do I wait?

Thanks ahead of time for your thoughts.

All In Cards

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
buy now, everyone has learned the lesson from last year

Part of the reason stuff is going up in price is production, less are preordering products, so less is getting produced

So when a product comes out the demand is high and supply is low

thats a good price, I just ordered 2 cases today

gmarutiak

Jul 23, 2010
Baltimore, MD
All In Cards said:
buy now, everyone has learned the lesson from last year

Part of the reason stuff is going up in price is production, less are preordering products, so less is getting produced

So when a product comes out the demand is high and supply is low

thats a good price, I just ordered 2 cases today

Thanks for the reply, but unfortunately I'm at work right now, so I can't see all of your post. Are you saying that you think $67 is a good price? Thanks.

morgoth

Jul 2, 2010
I think people will still shy away because of last years quality issues and over production. Unless they add some more value to it or a really good checklist this is one I would maybe wait and see.

morgoth

Jul 2, 2010
I think people will still shy away because of last years quality issues and over production. Unless they add some more value to it or a really good checklist this is one I would maybe wait and see.

rico08

Aug 7, 2008
Los Angeles
morgoth said:

2010 Topps Chrome started off with a great checklist which was expanded to meet the "needs" of people pre-ordering. And, according to Topps, the product issues had to do with trying out a new printer...which obviously didn't work out.

Members online

Latest posts