Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

No Auto Grade on BGS Slab?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AndruwHRJones

Aug 9, 2008
I was never under the impression it was considered mandatory to have the autograph graded? If you choose not to pay $2 for the auto grade, I assumed they would skip it. This isn't the first I have seen in a new slab. I just think so many people assume they have to pay for the auto grade, they just do it.

Wes

OG
Administrator
AndruwHRJones said:
I was never under the impression it was considered mandatory to have the autograph graded? If you choose not to pay $2 for the auto grade, I assumed they would skip it. This isn't the first I have seen in a new slab. I just think so many people assume they have to pay for the auto grade, they just do it.

Argh if that is the case I've wasted hundreds of dollars. I was certain that it was mandatory.

beefycheddar

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
LLWesMan said:
AndruwHRJones said:

Argh if that is the case I've wasted hundreds of dollars. I was certain that it was mandatory.

Could it be on back of tag? Thicker card.

cmnkb8

Nov 17, 2009
The Armpit of America: NEW JERSEY!
beefycheddar said:
LLWesMan said:
AndruwHRJones said:

Could it be on back of tag? Thicker card.

masonphillip

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
All of my national treasures basketball stuff had auto grade on the back, so this is consistent with that.

masonphillip

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
jcmint said:
I stand corrected. I really don't grade those types of cards.

On normal cards, I've had both autos without the grade and non-auto facsimiles with the grade. Anything can happen really, they are human too.

MartinFFcollector

Aug 7, 2008
CA.
LLWesMan said:
Being a late 2010 release this obviously came after the mandatory autograph grades. Simple error?

4403.jpg

Here's a pic of the back with the grade from the auction.

4404.jpg

Members online

Latest posts