Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Does anyone know how to ID the Gypsy Queen Mini Variations?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DeliciousBacon

Apr 23, 2011
Warwick, RI
I know I pulled one, a Duke Snider, which I verified by comparing it the other minis on ebay. The border was a little more pale than the others, so I thought maybe it was something. Is this how the varations can be picked out? I can see slight color variations when I fan out a bunch of these cards, so I'm really hoping there's something less subtle to ID these things.

Mudpuddlehuddle

Jan 23, 2011
Minnesota
DeliciousBacon said:
I know I pulled one, a Duke Snider, which I verified by comparing it the other minis on ebay. The border was a little more pale than the others, so I thought maybe it was something. Is this how the varations can be picked out? I can see slight color variations when I fan out a bunch of these cards, so I'm really hoping there's something less subtle to ID these things.

I'd be interested if anyone knew this as well. Actually I'd be interested in any shortprint info anyone has on these cards.

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
Mudpuddlehuddle said:
DeliciousBacon said:

I'd be interested if anyone knew this as well. Actually I'd be interested in any shortprint info anyone has on these cards.
Well we now know that autos have been short packaged :lol:

rico08

Aug 7, 2008
Los Angeles
Minis from the 100-card variation set are only available in the mini-box toppers and I believe you get one per topper. As far as telling which is the variation, I'm not sure about paper color but the player's photo is different from their base card photo.

DeliciousBacon

Apr 23, 2011
Warwick, RI
rico08 said:
Minis from the 100-card variation set are only available in the mini-box toppers and I believe you get one per topper. As far as telling which is the variation, I'm not sure about paper color but the player's photo is different from their base card photo.

Thanks. I didn't even know these were going to exist, and to find out that I pulled one of my favorite players is a bonus!

DeliciousBacon

Apr 23, 2011
Warwick, RI
hofmichael said:
Try comparing the tracking code on the reverse of the cards.

The base minis, variations, and sepia /99 minis all have the same code (9531127). The blacks are 9531135, and the Gypsy Queen backs are 9531131. Looks like Topps didn't learn from the Heritage tracking codes how useful those things can be.

scottagibson

Aug 3, 2009
If you look at lots on ebay, the mini variations have a lighter tint to them from what I can tell. I haven't seen them in person, but I will give you a good example of a lot that sold... I picked them out right away... I also think this lot was a steal..... http://cgi.ebay.com/2011-Topps-Gyps...0691160820?pt=US_Baseball&hash=item4aaaaec6f4

Nolan Ryan in 1st pic
Starlin Castro in 3rd pic
Robinson Cano in 4th pic
Carlos Gonzalez in 6th pic

Hope that helps...

matchpenalty

Jan 12, 2009
North East
Wow, white box topper minis are blowing up. Leather ones as well. I think GQ is getting a huge following early with set and player collectors. Where are all those Gypsy haters now?

DeliciousBacon

Apr 23, 2011
Warwick, RI

Members online

Latest posts