Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Tonights Harper Drama

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jondawg04

Sep 1, 2008
Before opening, I figured this post was going to be some story on Harper not signing enough for the IP hounds. Haha

Good to see Harper is already making enemies in Low A. He definitely has a bit more growing up to do if that's how he's going to react every time someone talks trash (it seemed based on Harper's quick turn that the pitcher said something first).

P_Manning 18

Aug 7, 2008
Boy I hope he never has to play in Philly or New York. He'll never make it out alive if his skin is that thin.

19braves77

Oct 23, 2008
Pensacola, FL
It was reported that before the HR at bat, Harper was told to hurry up and get into the batters box by the Ump after he bent over, set his bat down across home plate, grabbed two hand fulls of dirt, and threw the dirt behind him. After hitting the HR, he watched it and then took his time going around the bases.

Wearing facepaint like a Road Warrior at night is reason enough to bean the guy.....

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
I'd be curious to know exactly what happened, and I'd find it hard to believe that Harper said something to begin this as his body language seems to indicate he turned to respond.

Either way, the kid has had a target on his back for years and not everyone can suck it up and be Sidney Crosby smiley all the time.

jbhofmann

Mar 12, 2009
Indiana
19braves77 said:
It was reported that before the HR at bat, Harper was told to hurry up and get into the batters box by the Ump after he bent over, set his bat down across home plate, grabbed two hand fulls of dirt, and threw the dirt behind him. After hitting the HR, he watched it and then took his time going around the bases.

Wearing facepaint like a Road Warrior at night is reason enough to bean the guy.....

What is out of the ordinary? All of this takes place in every baseball game across America. You think Harper invented his pre-AB routine?

jkeys

Banned
May 5, 2010
Kansas City area
19braves77 said:

+1. I would plunk him his first AB if I was on the bump. Every game.

- jkeys

sigma_chi

Apr 14, 2010
NE Arkansas/SEMO
Maybe he's a long lost son....

9D2z4QK1Y3ph1gf.jpg

42.jpeg

jbhofmann

Mar 12, 2009
Indiana
19braves77 said:
I am saying why the pitcher got upset and said "Yuck Fou" after the strikeout.

Calm down and go hold your Harper cards.

Don't own a single one.

What Harper did/does is replicated from Little League to MLB. He's not the first to wear eye black, stare down a HR, or have a pre-AB routine.

I find that the pitcher is more of a dinglewad for getting so amped after K-ing a guy that he just gave up a bomb to.

how is that a news story?

the g.e.d got rang up... no response... the stadium announcer says "sit down" over the intercom... no response... the pitcher initiates the incident... response. looks like 2 kids on any sports field across america. however it does pose the question that if g.e.d where to catch a beating would his makeup run?

hagausaf

Nov 23, 2008
Tampa, FL
notjomommasclint said:

the g.e.d got rang up... no response... the stadium announcer says "sit down" over the intercom... no response... the pitcher initiates the incident... response. looks like 2 kids on any sports field across america. however it does pose the question that if g.e.d where to catch a beating would his makeup run?
haha nice, calling him g.e.d. :lol:

what kind of idiot drops out of high school and thinks its for the best? College I can kind of see leaving early if the job opportunity awaits but in high school? Hell no! Money was always going to be there if he kept up his performance so I dont get it.

sportscardtheory

Aug 16, 2008
Buffalo, New York
hagausaf said:
notjomommasclint said:

what kind of idiot drops out of high school and thinks its for the best? College I can kind of see leaving early if the job opportunity awaits but in high school? Hell no! Money was always going to be there if he kept up his performance so I dont get it.

He's on the brink of MLB at age 18. That's why he did it. He eats, sleeps and breathes baseball. I guess education wasn't his thing. He can always continue his education when his baseball career is over.

sportscardtheory said:
hagausaf said:
notjomommasclint said:

He's on the brink of MLB at age 18. That's why he did it. He eats, sleeps and breathes baseball. I guess education wasn't his thing. He can always continue his education when his baseball career is over.

steroids bad? dropping out of high school good! bawahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
Why are people riding Harper?

Good grief, he was drafted almost a year ago, spent a year at a junior college after passing his GED following his sophomore year in high school. It's not like he is a stupid kid and couldn't hack high school, etc. It was a clear and calculated decision to enter the 2010 Draft. His goal so far in his relatively short life is to play in the Majors...finishing high school on a regular path wasn't the shortest route...so he went a different direction.

So here he is now, with a year of wood bat JuCo ball under his belt against better competition and in the midst of full season minor league baseball...or he could be wrapping up his senior year playing high school baseball and ready to enter the 2011 Draft. Hmmm....which scenario is closer to "making it."

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
200lbhockeyplayer said:
Why are people riding Harper?

Good grief, he was drafted almost a year ago, spent a year at a junior college after passing his GED following his sophomore year in high school. It's not like he is a stupid kid and couldn't hack high school, etc. It was a clear and calculated decision to enter the 2010 Draft. His goal so far in his relatively short life is to play in the Majors...finishing high school on a regular path wasn't the shortest route...so he went a different direction.

So here he is now, with a year of wood bat JuCo ball under his belt against better competition and in the midst of full season minor league baseball...or he could be wrapping up his senior year playing high school baseball and ready to enter the 2011 Draft. Hmmm....which scenario is closer to "making it."

Whyumad, bro?

Members online

Latest posts