Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

FCB Daily - Friday - April 29, 2011

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Card Magnet

Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania
Good morning.

Because haters gonna hate...how the hell did Baldwin go before Hankerson!? Hank should have been the 3rd WR off the board.

Junior Griffey

Aug 12, 2008
Ottawa IL
Because Michigan didn't produce any NFL talent this year, I really didn't care about the draft. But I am really excited that Jimmy Clausen's career is over. He looks like an ostrich.

mortz93

May 26, 2009
I agree with you magnet, I think he will end up being a Cleveland Brown :| :?:

I was happy with the Vikings drafting Ponder, althought I was hoping they traded with the Cowboys to get Gabbert. Apparently they were trying to but they couldn't, oh well one more reason to hate the cowboys :evil: :lol: .

Card Magnet

Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania
I'd be okay with Hankerson in Cleveland. They're on an upswing. Every few years, the Browns have a nice season, so he'll be able to put up decent enough numbers to get traded or sign a contract elsewhere after his rookie one is up :cool: .

Gonna spend the morning doing something productive....catching up on my scanning from the past few days, which includes an Allen Bailey 1/1 and a Press Pass Legends Javarris James (was finally able to pick one up).

My pc-prospect cracked out another homer yesterday. Let's just say that he is so much of a beast that they give steroids random tests to see if they have levels of Trayce Thompson.

wheeler281

Mar 6, 2009
Card Magnet said:
Good morning.

Because haters gonna hate...how the hell did Baldwin go before Hankerson!? Hank should have been the 3rd WR off the board.

Its ok to hate man it was an odd pick that high in the 1st ...A bunch of guys had Baldwin going in the 1st but not that high. I had him going to the bears in the 1st. I love it from a collecting stand point that he went to the chiefs

Card Magnet

Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania
wheeler281 said:
Card Magnet said:
Good morning.

Its ok to hate man it was an odd pick that high in the 1st ...A bunch of guys had Baldwin going in the 1st but not that high. I had him going to the bears in the 1st. I love it from a collecting stand point that he went to the chiefs
Yeah, you and Tim should have an okay time collecting him as a Chief. He could have a pretty solid rookie season lined up across from Bowe.

wheeler281 said:
no way you can be happy with ponder drafting that high.
I think Ponder will end up the best QB of this draft :eek: . Really hurts to say that about a Criminole.

wheeler281

Mar 6, 2009
Ponder has great potential but would be still available at the the end of tday I think as well. Could have gotten better value I think at that spot. If they get a good vet he can back up I think he will be good. Not a game changer or franchise QB but good

Shi Guy

Jul 23, 2010
Seattle, Wa
Good morning.

Sorry to hear your new PC is taking so long Mag.

I just finished reading through that Obam thread fiasco. Old news I know, but wow, what a train wreck.

I've been in a collecting rut lately... :(

Zeeck

Mar 29, 2010
Aurora, IL
Very happy with the Bears draft, though I pretty much would have been alright if they drafted any position other than DE or Linebacker.

Glad I got to see Liuget go high, and Martez Wilson and Mikel Leshoure should both go today.

Card Magnet

Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania
wheeler281 said:
Ponder has great potential but would be still available at the the end of tday I think as well. Could have gotten better value I think at that spot. If they get a good vet he can back up I think he will be good. Not a game changer or franchise QB but good
You're probably right about him being there at the end of the day. I wonder if the Vikings are going to sign a veteran QB for him to back up, give him the reigns from the get-go, have him compete with Joe Webb, or re-sign Tarvaris Jackson for a season to QB until Ponder is ready. Such a quagmire.

It kind of seems counter productive to go out and sign a new veteran and have to teach him the system while teaching the rookie the system. While there are some aspects you can mentor other than the system, that's also a big part of why you want the vet in front of the rookie.

It also seems like a bad idea to have him backing up or competing with Joe Webb. That has Carolina Panthers written all over it. Same goes with having him there with just Bomar and Ramsey (if they're still with the team).

MojoDan

Aug 22, 2008
Morning everyone. Teams picking late in the draft last night sure have to be happy this morning. Thrilled with how the Saints draft went.

deceptikon1978

Apr 7, 2009
Think my five correct picks in the first round is gonna win me a box of Leaf? :oops:

StrasburgMania got the Locker pick right. Dude is a genius!!! :lol:

Card Magnet

Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania
deceptikon1978 said:
Think my five correct picks in the first round is gonna win me a box of Leaf? :oops:

Only if you win on random.org, because I believe I had five as well. :p

deceptikon1978

Apr 7, 2009
Card Magnet said:
deceptikon1978 said:

Only if you win on random.org, because I believe I had five as well. :p

It doesn't matter, Tim is gonna announce himself as the winner soon, even though he didn't enter.

wheeler281

Mar 6, 2009
deceptikon1978 said:

I have been afraid to look :lol: I know I got Newton and Cameron Heyward probably nothing else :lol:

Card Magnet

Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania
Look on the bright side, wheeler. At least you didn't pick two guys from your college to go at the end of the 1st only to see that NFL teams are stoopid.

I'm glad to see a regular FCB member won the draft thread...

mstng99tim

Apr 6, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
Good morning fellas.

Magnet, don't hate, Baldwin is just better than Hankerson.

I like Baldwin at KC, they have nice patches & colors. My high school colors were red & yellow, so I like it.

I was hoping one of you guys were going to win, but alas.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts