Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

=========== The Morning Thread ===========

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1st4040

Aug 10, 2008
New Bedford, Ma.
Good Morning guys

looks like its going to be a warm muggy day here today once the fog lifts. TGIF and tonight I am the boss so it should be a pretty good day. Planning on taking the girls fishing to a place that I've never even fished at tomorrow and maybe later on going to see FastFive.

69MetsFan

Oct 20, 2008
Panama City, Florida
Good morning all.
My wife called me at 0258 yesterday to let me know her father lost his three year battle with pancreatic cancer. She was waking up hourly to check on him and found he had passed away earlier that morning. She was comforted by the fact that he actually had a smile on his face and was no longer going to suffer. As odd as it may sound, there is an overall sense of relief throughout the family now that the suffering is over. Most of the phone calls yesterday revolved around our favorite stories about him. Laughter is truly the best medicine.

1st4040

Aug 10, 2008
New Bedford, Ma.
Dave sorry to hear of your wifes loss..its good that she was there and got to spend that last bit of time with her father and now he is going to be at peace. Thoughts and prayers for your family.

tramers

Aug 7, 2008
hickory nc
Well i bought a new push mower . Now who wants to demo it for me???? Just a small area but knee high ::facepalm::

69MetsFan

Oct 20, 2008
Panama City, Florida
Thank you all for the kind thoughts.
I'm sure it sounds odd to folks who don't participate in message boards or who are on them merely to troll and cause trouble but I consider you all friends that I would help out any way I could. To give you an idea of how my wife and I think about you all, she asked me if I had let my friends in the MT know. Again, I have never met any of you face to face but having been a somewhat active participant the last couple of years has instilled a sense of comraderie in me and I truly thank you all for that.
I apologize for the sappy comments, I just wanted you all to know. :D

tramers

Aug 7, 2008
hickory nc
69MetsFan said:
Thank you all for the kind thoughts.
I'm sure it sounds odd to folks who don't participate in message boards or who are on them merely to troll and cause trouble but I consider you all friends that I would help out any way I could. To give you an idea of how my wife and I think about you all, she asked me if I had let my friends in the MT know. Again, I have never met any of you face to face but having been a somewhat active participant the last couple of years has instilled a sense of comraderie in me and I truly thank you all for that.
I apologize for the sappy comments, I just wanted you all to know. :D
well you both need a vacation ; game tickets on me come on up

MojoDan

Aug 22, 2008
Dave - :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug:

pghbuccos

Aug 7, 2008
PixBurgh
good morning!!!

Flori-Dave sorry to hear your father-in-law passed but like you said it's comforting to know the suffering is over. as hard as it is on your wife I'm sure she feels good knowing that she got to spend some time with him in his final days.

muskiesfan

Aug 7, 2008
Murfreesboro, TN
Good morning guys. I hope everyone has a great day.

Dave (b)- We're very sorry for your loss. Our thoughts and prayers are with you, your wife, and your family. If you need anything, just let me know.

Charlie- Why am I not surprised. You're such a ******. ;)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts