Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Howard > Ben Zobrist...and Marquis > Lincecum thread...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
Howard is 2-4 with 2 HRs (6), one being a GS, for 6 RBIs total.

More importantly, Worley allowed 2 hits in 6 IP.

And Marquis (3-0) outdueled Lincy as the Nats won 3-0.

Bautista (9) and Braun (10) have also Homered again. And Cano and Heyward both hit their 7th HRs.

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
Anytime J-Upton and Wieters both HR, I'm happy.

Another 2-4 for Smoak to put him at exactly .300.

schmidtfan20

Aug 24, 2008
I might also add that Howard sent the 2 run shot into the second deck. He is not only hitting HR's and driving in
runs, but he is hitting the ball out of the stadium to dead center, what power!

Kevin

bongo870

Sep 30, 2009
Marlton NJ
schmidtfan20 said:
I might also add that Howard sent the 2 run shot into the second deck. He is not only hitting HR's and driving in

Kevin

funny. i saw the home run and i dont recall it leaving the stadium.

James52411

Administrator
May 22, 2010
Tallahassee, FL
gt2590 said:
Howard is 2-4 with 2 HRs (6), one being a GS, for 6 RBIs total.

More importantly, Worley allowed 2 hits in 6 IP.

And Marquis (3-0) outdueled Lincy as the Nats won 3-0.

Bautista (9) and Braun (10) have also Homered again. And Cano and Heyward both hit their 7th HRs.

You need to work on your math. 8 > 6

hail2thevictors

Jan 20, 2010
Ryan Howard is easily the next "big thing" when it comes to energy.

Unlike wind turbines, Howard is able to be moved easy. I can see it now-Ryan Howard whiff energy, powering a city near you in 2011(please check the Phillies schedule for dates near you!).

The only issue is the creation of energy only lasts 3-4 days in each city. But, the frequency of whiffing makes up for that.

Coming soon: Look for Mark Reynolds, Austin Jackson, Curtis Granderson, and many more.

schmidtfan20

Aug 24, 2008
Howard once again off to an amazing year, batting over .300 and leading the league in RBI's. He will carry the
Phils offense until other guys start hitting, he won't fade like other guys.

Kevin

cmnkb8

Nov 17, 2009
The Armpit of America: NEW JERSEY!
bongo870 said:
schmidtfan20 said:

Kevin

In fact, both homers were to RF or close to Right-Center, with the slam just clearing the RF fence. If they were playing in NY, that slam would have just been an out in front of the warning track.

schmidtfan20

Aug 24, 2008
cmnkb8 said:
bongo870 said:
schmidtfan20 said:

Kevin

In fact, both homers were to RF or close to Right-Center, with the slam just clearing the RF fence. If they were playing in NY, that slam would have just been an out in front of the warning track.

ahh, upper deck, that is out in any stadium, you saying that one was cheap?

bongo870

Sep 30, 2009
Marlton NJ
hail2thevictors said:
Ryan Howard is easily the next "big thing" when it comes to energy.

Unlike wind turbines, Howard is able to be moved easy. I can see it now-Ryan Howard whiff energy, powering a city near you in 2011(please check the Phillies schedule for dates near you!).

The only issue is the creation of energy only lasts 3-4 days in each city. But, the frequency of whiffing makes up for that.

Coming soon: Look for Mark Reynolds, Austin Jackson, Curtis Granderson, and many more.

I find it funny how people pick on Howard for the obvious. yes he does strike out a lot. The world knows that. But Howard does more than just strike out. HE does a lot for his team. Creating runs and points on the score board for his team. He is also 1 home run away from being second most home runs for the Phillies organization. here have been quite a few games this year that Howard hit in the winning runs. There are soooooooooo many positive things Howard does and yet always... "he strikes out a lot" well if you think about it for someone who strikes out a lot he sure does well with a average now over 300 and leading the league with RBI's. Not to shabby for someone who strikes out a lot....
you guys need new material to hate on Howard because the strike out thing is old news...

cmnkb8

Nov 17, 2009
The Armpit of America: NEW JERSEY!
schmidtfan20 said:
cmnkb8 said:
bongo870 said:
schmidtfan20 said:

Kevin

The 2run homer was upper deck, no doubter. The slam wouldn't even get to the warning track in a park that wasn't a bandbox. If Ryan Howard played home games at Citifield, he'd have 8-10 less homers a year, guaranteed.

schmidtfan20

Aug 24, 2008
cmnkb8 said:
schmidtfan20 said:
cmnkb8 said:
bongo870 said:
schmidtfan20 said:

Kevin

The 2run homer was upper deck, no doubter. The slam wouldn't even get to the warning track in a park that wasn't a bandbox. If Ryan Howard played home games at Citifield, he'd have 8-10 less homers a year, guaranteed.

and if he played in other parks he might have 8-10 more home runs...blah blah blah. Watch all his home runs, more
have been hit to dead center than not. The guy mashes every year.

Kevin

A_Pharis

schmidtfan20 said:
cmnkb8 said:
schmidtfan20 said:
cmnkb8 said:
bongo870 said:
[quote="schmidtfan20":3vl9chyg]I might also add that Howard sent the 2 run shot into the second deck. He is not only hitting HR's and driving in

Kevin

and if he played in other parks he might have 8-10 more home runs...blah blah blah. Watch all his home runs, more
have been hit to dead center than not. The guy mashes every year.

Kevin[/quote:3vl9chyg]

Something tells me you're more interested in a different type of mashing when it comes to Howard, right? ;-)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts