Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Rate my Fantasy Team

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ballerskrip

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago Area
OKay, since many others are doing, I figured I would as well....

I just traded david price for Carl Crawford.

I am listing players where I am currently starting them buy many have other positions they can play.

6 X 6 head to head league, with OPS and K/9. 12 team league

C- Victor Martinez
1b - Lance Berkman
2b - Robinson Cano
SS - Mike Aviles
3B - Pablo Sandoval
OF - Carl Crawford
OF - Matt Holliday
OF - Corey Hart
U - Justin Smoak
U - Travis Hafner
Bench - Andres Torres, Alex Gordon, Vernon Wells, JJ Hardy

SP - Jon Lester
SP - Matt Cain
Sp - Tommy Hanson
Sp - Michael Pineda
Sp - Alex Ogando
Sp - Brian Matusz
Sp - Chris Narveson
Rp - Joe Nathan
Rp - Brian Fuentes
Rp - Brandon League
Rp - Frank Francisco
Rp -Jordan Walden

Anthony K.

Aug 7, 2008
Enterprise, Alabama
I love your pitching (aside from Narveson...the wheels are falling off on him Matt), but I hate, hate, HATE your bench.

Gordon aside, your bench is pretty worthless, imo. Love the Price for Crawford move. At the end of the season, you will look back on that trad and realize it was highway robbery.

I'd look to drop Well, Hardy and Torres for either higher upside bats or more pitching depth (I am a huge fan of having bench pitching over bench hitting, so I can stack my K and W and hopefully not kill my WHIP and ERA; for you, it will most likely help your K/9 a ton as well).

ballerskrip

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago Area
THanks for your thoughts, my k/9 has been very good actually.

The problem is that there is NO pitching out there. I have teams in my league that have ZERO bench position players and used them all on pitchers. The best guy out there is jeff niemann. It is really ugly...

I am not a big narveson guy either. I was planning on giving him one more start tommorow, and if doesn't perform, drop him.

I agree on my bench as well, again, same spot. NOt much to pick up..

Here are the best waiver guys out there

peter bourjous
mitch moreland
ben francisco
josh willingham
carlos ruiz
john buck
alberto callaspo

pitchers
jeff niemann
Matt Lindstrom
sergio romo
bruce chen
charlie morton
rick porcellp
livan hernandez
erik bedard

Anthony K.

Aug 7, 2008
Enterprise, Alabama
ballerskrip said:
THanks for your thoughts, my k/9 has been very good actually.

The problem is that there is NO pitching out there. I have teams in my league that have ZERO bench position players and used them all on pitchers. The best guy out there is jeff niemann. It is really ugly...

I am not a big narveson guy either. I was planning on giving him one more start tommorow, and if doesn't perform, drop him.

I agree on my bench as well, again, same spot. NOt much to pick up..

Here are the best waiver guys out there

peter bourjous
mitch moreland
ben francisco
josh willingham
carlos ruiz
john buck
alberto callaspo

pitchers
jeff niemann
Matt Lindstrom
sergio romo
bruce chen
charlie morton
rick porcellp
livan hernandez
erik bedard

You weren't joking about the pitching...that is brutal. A name I would check and see if he is available, is Bud Norris, of the Astros. No wins, but high K's (looks like he will be a strikeout an inning guy) and he is keeping his walks down this year. If he is available, I highly suggets picking him up.

I would definitely consider picking up Ben Fransisco. It seems PHI is leaning more and more towards having him in the OF when Brown comes up, which will continue to bold well for his stats.

Out of those pitchers you listed, Idon't really trust any of them, but would consider picking up Porcello and spot starting him against weak opponents and in pitcher friendly venues.

Pick up Norris, Fransisco and consider Porcello, are my suggestions.

ballerskrip

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago Area
Anthony thanks bud, yeah bud norris is gone. Any starting pitcher with a decent k/9 is long gone. I don't think I can do porcello, but Francisco is of interest. My concern is that he will lose at bats when d-brown comes back. Especially with the way he is swinging it on rehab.

skrip

Anthony K.

Aug 7, 2008
Enterprise, Alabama
ballerskrip said:
Anthony thanks bud, yeah bud norris is gone. Any starting pitcher with a decent k/9 is long gone. I don't think I can do porcello, but Francisco is of interest. My concern is that he will lose at bats when d-brown comes back. Especially with the way he is swinging it on rehab.

skrip

I've been doing some reading on the topic (Jeff N. would probably know a bit more than I would, since he actually IS a Phillies fan), but it seems like the odd man out may be Ibanez. Yeah, he is the highest paid of the three, but he is also playing the worst out of the bunch. Fransisco's defense keeps geting him AB and it seems his bat is trying to help him stay out there as well.

I figured Norris would be gone, which does indeed suck.

Fransisco will be a good addition to your bench and your starting lineup when Francouer's hot start ends.

Good luck the rest of the season, if you ever need anymore help, feel free to PM me.

Members online

Latest posts