Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

picked up an E91 Honus Wagner!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

vintagerookies51

Aug 10, 2010
This is just the picture that was on eBay. I haven't gotten a chance to scan it yet. But it's my first Wagner!
KGrHqFg0E1fPtSCr7BNjjUQgpBw_12.jpg

fkw

May 28, 2010
Kea'au, HI
Nice caramel card :) One of the more reasonably priced Honus Wagners from his playing days (thats not a WG game card).

For those that dont know the set well.... E91's are scarcer compared to other more popular sets of the 1910 Era (ie E90-1, E92, E95, etc), but will always suffer a bit in demand and value because of the generic image for most of the players. Some of the drawings are based on real players, ie Tinker, Evers, Plank, McGraw, and a few others. But these drawing were reused for other players too. The Wagner is based on the Joe Tinker drawing (see below).

E-91JoeTinker.jpg

scotty21690

Aug 7, 2008
Awesome, congrats! :mrgreen:

I may be in the minority with vintage collectors but I really like the E91 set! Have a handful myself :cool:

WoundedDuck

Aug 23, 2008
Very nice! I love the e91s as well. I never thought I'd own a vintage Wagner, but I was able to pick up a reasonable T200 Pittsburgh with Wagner. It's another affordable Wagner.

Jeff D

Mar 28, 2009
Nice pickup!

Not sure what the :lol: at "Hans" is about, but that was what he was called growing up, and often during his playing years as well.
Many of his cards have Hans (and John, his real name) on them.

This is my only vintage Wagner, but I love it:

WagnerM116Large-1.jpg
1911 M116 Sporting Life

Members online