Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Mickey Mantle Virtual Ring Auction

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
I have a Stan Musial ring I could trade him. Says in the auction you would need to trade him a ring if you win.
I wonder what ring the winner will have to trade him :lol:

Roberto_Clemente_21

Mar 24, 2011
Pine Tar said:
I have a Stan Musial ring I could trade him. Says in the auction you would need to trade him a ring if you win.
I wonder what ring the winner will have to trade him :lol:

:geek: Probably just a common ring after the buyer pays.

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
hoopster3977 said:
Do you pay with virtual money also?

These virtual promo's don't make sense to me, never logged into Topps for this promo. I don't get it.

IDK if you mean "I know how it works but I don't get why people do it" or you don't know how it works.

Basically, you redeem these codes for a card, then you get a "dig" where you dig up a section of a baseball field. The dig can get you anything from a virtual ring, to a pack of cards, to die-cuts and diamond embedded cards. You collect the rings, there are 60 of them. Along the way, you win prizes for the amount of different rings you have. If you get 60, Topps will send you a real diamond ring.

jacobbocce72

Aug 7, 2008
Austin, TX
From what I've gathered, getting the Mantle ring is kinda like getting Park Place in McDonalds Monopoly. The other 59 are really easy to get, it's getting the 60th (the Mantle) that is tough. With all 60 rings you get a real Diamond Ring... not sure how many diamonds would be in it, but I wouldn't be surprised to see this go for quite a bit.

jjj7880

Aug 7, 2008
I thought the appraised value of the real diamond ring was $200? I don't see it going to $800 if thats all the ring is worth.

The_ReverendAct2

Aug 7, 2008
Word is there will be 60 "diamonds" in the ring. I will just keep digging. I have made some trades to get to the 59 number. Have about 90 rings [2 extra koufax]. I personally like the die-cuts and wish we could trade rings for those. That will be a nice set, but there are over 100 of those.

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
A_Pharis said:
[quote="Blue Hodges Reverend":gl1yxg9z]That is interesting considering I now have 59 virtual rings and only need the MANTLE to complete the challenge.

So do I, and so do probably at least 80% of people with a DIamond Topps account. The Mantle is the only rare ring.[/quote:gl1yxg9z]

I am waiting to get to 59, but I am not going to pursue much unless I get a Mantle off the bat. Yeah right.

mancini79

Jul 9, 2010
jjj7880 said:
I thought the appraised value of the real diamond ring was $200? I don't see it going to $800 if thats all the ring is worth.

The appraised value of a baseball card is 1 cent. What's on the card is where the value is at. Just like this ring.

A_Pharis

Blue Hodges Reverend said:
Word is there will be 60 "diamonds" in the ring. I will just keep digging. I have made some trades to get to the 59 number. Have about 90 rings [2 extra koufax]. I personally like the die-cuts and wish we could trade rings for those. That will be a nice set, but there are over 100 of those.

Well over 100. Well well over 100. More like 600.

Rickzcards

Sep 26, 2008
Sin City
jjj7880 said:
No way the ring is only worth $200, especially with all of those diamonds.

Latest posts