Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Anyone going to/setting up at White Plains in 2 weeks?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JEA2880

Aug 16, 2008
Connecticut
Hey all,

I'm debating on whether or not I want to set up at the next White Plains show in 2 weeks. This show has been good to me in the past, but after looking at the weak autograph lineup and seeing that BGS won't be there (again), I'm not sure that it's worth it.

Is anyone on here planning on setting up or at least going?

John

numba1yankeefan

Nov 29, 2008
Long Island
i wanted to set up as well but not sure if i'm going to. really wanted to just set up on saturday but i know you have to buy a booth for all 3 days.

if i dont set up im probably still going to take a trip up there on saturday

COD27

Jun 10, 2009
numba1yankeefan said:
i wanted to set up as well but not sure if i'm going to. really wanted to just set up on saturday but i know you have to buy a booth for all 3 days.

Not true you don't have to get the booth all 3 days.

numba1yankeefan

Nov 29, 2008
Long Island
COD27 said:
numba1yankeefan said:

Not true you don't have to get the booth all 3 days.

oh nice! didnt know that.

If anyone here wants to split a booth for saturday let me know.

JEA2880

Aug 16, 2008
Connecticut
COD27 said:
ThoseBackPages said:
The last show there sucked really bad

agreed! This show has been awful for the last 4 years.

March and May 2010 were solid - March 2011 was a bust. If not for buying a collection from someone I met at my booth, it would have been a total bust.

With that being said, I have a lot of hot cards right now and it's easier to move them at a show then on ebay.

dxanarchy

Jun 13, 2009
Ever since I have moved to San Antonio from Poughkeepsie/The Bronx in November of 09, everytime I see you guys post about White plains the sad and nostalgia are overwhelming. There aren't any decent shows around San Antonio...and I don't collect basketball so...yea.

Dice-K Collector

Mar 21, 2010
JEA2880 said:
Hey all,

I'm debating on whether or not I want to set up at the next White Plains show in 2 weeks. This show has been good to me in the past, but after looking at the weak autograph lineup and seeing that BGS won't be there (again), I'm not sure that it's worth it.

John

D: I was planning on going because I thought BGS was gonna be there :/ guess not.

jcmint

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
john save it brother the crowds will be lame I can almost guarantee it

JEA2880 said:
Hey all,

John

jcmint

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
JEA2880 said:
COD27 said:
ThoseBackPages said:

March and May 2010 were solid - March 2011 was a bust. If not for buying a collection from someone I met at my booth, it would have been a total bust.

With that being said, I have a lot of hot cards right now and it's easier to move them at a show then on ebay.

Really ebay is usually the best spot for hot cards. The show without bgs and a weak auto lineup is not good.

JEA2880

Aug 16, 2008
Connecticut
jcmint said:
JEA2880 said:
COD27 said:
ThoseBackPages said:

Really ebay is usually the best spot for hot cards. The show without bgs and a weak auto lineup is not good.

Yeah you're probably right - I've been doing really well on the bay lately.

Members online

Latest posts