Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Stephen Drew is having a really good season so far

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JoshHamilton

Aug 7, 2008
I've always been a fan. And by "always been a fan," I mean "I got drunk one night back in '08 and bought his BC Superfractor auto for $2000"

He's having a really good season though - .321, 2 HR, 22 RBI, .920 OPS

Go Drew

cjb9421

Feb 17, 2010
LOL goodluck on that 2000 dollar purchase...you better hope he gets traded to the yankees and turns into the next derek jeter with MASSIVE power :mrgreen:

IM DRUNK!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JoshHamilton

Aug 7, 2008
cjb9421 said:
LOL goodluck on that 2000 dollar purchase...you better hope he gets traded to the yankees and turns into the next derek jeter with MASSIVE power :mrgreen:

IM DRUNK!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This might be a crazy concept to you, but not everyone who purchases sports cards is looking to resell them for profit

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
I've noticed, and would love to see him keep it up. He looked like he was on his way to being a legit star a couple years back.

ballerskrip

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago Area
He will ***** out, guarantee it. There is a good reason that his Minor league teammates called him Stephanie. Because he is as soft as baby poop. In High A he sat out many games with "knee soreness" whenever a tough lefty was on the mound. He also missed 10+ games in a row because he was in a slump and faked injury. And these aren't stories, they are FACT. One of my good friends was on the team.

ThoseBackPages

Aug 7, 2008
New York
ballerskrip said:
He will ***** out, guarantee it. There is a good reason that his Minor league teammates called him Stephanie. Because he is as soft as baby poop. In High A he sat out many games with "knee soreness" whenever a tough lefty was on the mound. He also missed 10+ games in a row because he was in a slump and faked injury. And these aren't stories, they are FACT. One of my good friends was on the team.

Someone in the Drew family "soft"? no WAY! :lol: :lol: :lol:

dont forget that D.L. Drew IS his brother

ballerskrip

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago Area
ThoseBackPages said:
ballerskrip said:

Runs in the family....There were a ton of concerns about his passion and love for the game previous to the draft, I think he has proven all of these concerns correct.

JoshHamilton

Aug 7, 2008
ballerskrip said:

Who is your friend?

Kelly Johnson said he was a really cool guy

XdanX

Aug 7, 2008
ballerskrip said:

I have heard this before as well, but could never remember from where I guess it was you during the beackett days. Im indifferent twords him and his cards but as TBP and i said at a recent show 05 bowman draft is beyond loaded.

bdal23

Aug 7, 2008
ballerskrip said:
ThoseBackPages said:
ballerskrip said:

Runs in the family....There were a ton of concerns about his passion and love for the game previous to the draft, I think he has proven all of these concerns correct.

The draft was 6 years ago. Drew is 28 now. I live in AZ and watch him play every game.
How many games have you seen him play this year?
Your anecdotes may be true but they are old and a reflection of who he was then but not necessarily who he is now.
I see no problems with Drew's love and passion for the game.

In Drew I see a very good player overall. Drew is in the lineup everyday. # of 4 full seasons he's played 153 games. He is a good defensive player and has lowered his SO rate. He missed the first week of the season and has been AZ best player this year. Kirk Gibson has settled in on a lineup with Drew in the cleanup spot. So Drew is likely to reach a career high in rbi this year. Drew is not going to hit a ton of HR but he can get 40+ doubles and 10+ triples to go with his 15-20 HR