Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Zach Britton..no hobby love.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

schmidtfan20

Aug 24, 2008
why? Guy is proving himself at the highest level. Poeple would rather spend crazy
jack on players who haven't even pitched a AAA game? His base elite still getting under 40. Why?

1) Elite just doesn't match up to chrome
2) No one cares about the O's
3) Pitchers aren't good investments

RCRX

Sep 4, 2009
markakis8 said:
Dude, Howard is not better than Pujols...geez...

That is funny.... but Schmidtfan for once I agree with you on all the above!! If he was pitching for the Yankees his cards would be insane.

bdal23

Aug 7, 2008
Pitchers without high K totals get even less hobby love in general.
I would say he is getting hobby love though. His elite auto was less than $10 bucks last year. After his 1st start I sold my elite for $68.

Without more k's he will need to pile up a bunch of wins to have prices go up.
A Jered Weaver bowman chrome auto is $40 and he led the league in k's last year and is pitching lights out this year.

schmidtfan20

Aug 24, 2008
which further proves my point that the best time to sell overhyped prospects is before they make
the majors...usually they will not do good, and even if they do, like Britton, the hobby give them
no love.

Kevin

nborton

Aug 7, 2008
Winston-Salem, NC
Most pitchers are like this. The only guys who aren't have something unusual about them, or can throw 100+. I wonder if it will start to change if we continue to see a shift toward a pitching dominate decade. Maybe everyone is still enamored by power hitting right now, and it will shift.

Buynhisellnlow

Aug 7, 2008
schmidtfan20 said:
which further proves my point that the best time to sell overhyped prospects is before they make
the majors...usually they will not do good, and even if they do, like Britton, the hobby give them
no love.

Kevin

This isn't new, I believe, that with some rare exceptions (primarily with elite hitters in favorable market conditions), the vast majority of people subscribe to this sentiment. Of course there are exceptions that occur, but selling at call up or sooner is usually one's safest bet to lock in at or near maximum ROI.

bradical

Jun 21, 2009
schmidtfan20 said:
no love.

Kevin

Re: See Michael Pineda.

schmidtfan20

Aug 24, 2008
guy pitches 9 innings gives up no runs and get a no decision. Why isn't this guy getting the hobby love? Will
Machado face the same decline cause he plays for Baltimore also, or do you chicks only dig the long ball?

Kevin

CraigsCards1

Oct 16, 2010
New York, NY
I honestly think it has more to do with him not being a power pitcher than the market he plays in. Of course playing on a crap team that can't get you a win when you go 9 scoreless innings in which you only face 29 batters doesn't help his cause.

Wieters got a lot of national attention when he came up, and I expect Machado will get the same.

schmidtfan20

Aug 24, 2008
7 strong innings tonight against the mighty Spankies. This guy is for real, too bad his team can't score for him.

Kevin

excel_B

Feb 5, 2009
Baltimore, Maryland
Tell me about it... Zach pitched well tonight against those damn yanks! No surprise that the O's offense doesn't give any run support - good game so far at the 11th inning...

IMG_0006.jpg

IMG_0011.jpg

FLOUR

Jan 20, 2009
So people should be going nuts over a guy with a career 5-2 record? How about putting up a few good seasons, then maybe people will jump on the bandwagon. You prospectors are silly.

excel_B

Feb 5, 2009
Baltimore, Maryland
FLOUR said:
So people should be going nuts over a guy with a career 5-2 record? How about putting up a few good seasons, then maybe people will jump on the bandwagon. You prospectors are silly.

Perhaps I am not a prospector. Didn't I say I want to sell? I admit I got offers, but nothing did capture my attention.

By the way, I am from Baltimore... Go O's! :cool:

FLOUR

Jan 20, 2009
So you want a kings ransom for a guy that pitched decent for a couple of months? I'll pay a buck for those, which is what the guy has accomplished so far. Win a ROY or a CY, and then maybe I'll go into the double digit dollar range.

excel_B

Feb 5, 2009
Baltimore, Maryland
FLOUR said:
So you want a kings ransom for a guy that pitched decent for a couple of months? I'll pay a buck for those, which is what the guy has accomplished so far. Win a ROY or a CY, and then maybe I'll go into the double digit dollar range.

HA is this a joke? ::facepalm::

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
FLOUR said:

Don't search Bryce Harper on ebay. You will kill yourself.

hail2thevictors

Jan 20, 2010
FLOUR said:

Thanks for adding so much to the thread.

uniquebaseballcards

Nov 12, 2008
FLOUR said:

Yes its not that the Britton's undervalued...its that others are overvalued. Everyone knows prices will decrease for almost everyone else so its nice to see a player who may be priced the way he should.

The hobby's all about instant gratification for some apparently...but some are easily swept up by the hype.

bigpapiMA32

Aug 7, 2008
Monterey, CA
nborton said:
Most pitchers are like this. The only guys who aren't have something unusual about them, or can throw 100+. I wonder if it will start to change if we continue to see a shift toward a pitching dominate decade. Maybe everyone is still enamored by power hitting right now, and it will shift.

I think we are definitely heading towards a pitching decade. K rates have been steadily increasing while BABIP and HR/FB% have been going down pretty significantly.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts