Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Do 01 Heritage Chrome's usually go this high?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bighurtcollector

Jan 1, 2009
I've seen some that go for $10, seen some go for $100 I know the huge hitters go for more. Haven't looked at completed auctions lately but came across this and threw a couple bids in but lost out

[ebay:8qbowewp]120714972577[/ebay:8qbowewp]

Is it high because of set collectors or is it because it's a Hamilton RC or what....I figured i'd get it at $26 which I figured was overpaying but wow. Thoughts?

P.S if anyone has one of these please PM me, i had no clue it existed until 3 days ago!!!

schmidtfan20

Aug 24, 2008
a box of 2001 heritage will cost you 225+ You get one chrome in a box. 43 is a steal.

Kevin

clarkfan

Sep 15, 2009
Even the commons sell for huge money. I sold 10 or 15 a year or two ago an averaged about $20 a card. I was surprised at the time, but not anymore.

bighurtcollector

Jan 1, 2009
wow, I never really went back to any of the old heritage sets after i finished them in the current year. I have the Thomas and the Mcgwire but never even imagined that Josh had a chrome until 3 days ago so I never looked at prices until I found out about this one. Damn, thanks for the input guys

mudflap02

Jan 23, 2009
Daytona Beach, FL
I am really glad to be done with my 01 chrome set. It took about 5 years of bottom feeding and trading, and it wasn't cheap, but it's one of my favorites in my collection.

bighurtcollector

Jan 1, 2009
I couldn't imagine putting the set together. In '01 I bought the Mcgwire for $55 and the Thomas I landed a few years later for $4 bin. I think i pulled some commons back in '01 and didn't get too too much for them but could you imagine if they had a refractor or a black refractor back then. Those would be HUGE today

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
It's tough to gauge if that's a high price or not because they come up so rarely. I can't remember the last time a Hamilton was listed. Someone broke up a set for singles ending last night, and I was able to pick up 3 of the 6 cards I need and they all went for about $30. Haven't looked to see what the rest of the singles went for. 2001 Heritage only had the 552 Chrome copies, not 195x/55x/5x like later years, so you have to get them while you can.

Just looked at that guy's sales. $163 for Jeter, $106 for Griffey, not unexpected. But $114 for Ben Sheets :shock:! Someone needed it bad.

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
mudflap02 said:
I am really glad to be done with my 01 chrome set. It took about 5 years of bottom feeding and trading, and it wasn't cheap, but it's one of my favorites in my collection.
Not to mention the greedy bastard here on FCB who held the Edgar Martinez hostage until you sucked it up and paid $150 for it just to close out the set.

But yes...this set is one that has constant value growth and interest as Heritage continues to dominate with set builders/collectors/

Russ S.

Aug 10, 2008
VA / DC / MD
bighurtcollector said:
I've seen some that go for $10, seen some go for $100 I know the huge hitters go for more. Haven't looked at completed auctions lately but came across this and threw a couple bids in but lost out

[ebay:27jbqbd7]120714972577[/ebay:27jbqbd7]

Is it high because of set collectors or is it because it's a Hamilton RC or what....I figured i'd get it at $26 which I figured was overpaying but wow. Thoughts?

P.S if anyone has one of these please PM me, i had no clue it existed until 3 days ago!!!
I lost out on the Ripken AGAIN last night. Still need one for the PC.

These ALWAYS sell well. Even the scrubs.

mudflap02

Jan 23, 2009
Daytona Beach, FL
smapdi said:
It's tough to gauge if that's a high price or not because they come up so rarely. I can't remember the last time a Hamilton was listed. Someone broke up a set for singles ending last night, and I was able to pick up 3 of the 6 cards I need and they all went for about $30. Haven't looked to see what the rest of the singles went for. 2001 Heritage only had the 552 Chrome copies, not 195x/55x/5x like later years, so you have to get them while you can.

Just looked at that guy's sales. $163 for Jeter, $106 for Griffey, not unexpected. But $114 for Ben Sheets :shock:! Someone needed it bad.

The Ben Sheets 2001 Heritage Chrome is one of "those" cards, like the 2001 BC Ron Davenport auto. I think someone is hoarding them and driving up the price, and they generally sell for at least $80. I picked up my Griffey about a year ago on ebay for around $50, so that seller definitely did well for himself. My Jeter is a little OC and I would like to upgrade it someday, but it's not worth $150 to me yet.

mudflap02

Jan 23, 2009
Daytona Beach, FL
200lbhockeyplayer said:
mudflap02 said:
Not to mention the greedy bastard here on FCB who held the Edgar Martinez hostage until you sucked it up and paid $150 for it just to close out the set.

But yes...this set is one that has constant value growth and interest as Heritage continues to dominate with set builders/collectors/

Worth every penny. That "greedy " seller is actually sort of a schmuck because I was perfectly willing to pay $500 for that card but I wasn't forced to tip my hand. A classic example of the trademarked Mudflap Negotiation System (MNS.)

Members online