Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

1998 Pinnacle... AWAY vs HOME vs Total Stats

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tonsofcommons

Aug 20, 2008
Iowa
Found a box at the show this weekend. Got to witness first hand AWAY vs HOME vs Total Stats on the back.

Pretty interesting.

DeliciousBacon

Apr 23, 2011
Warwick, RI
I bought a box of 98 Pinnacle last summer, and that was all part of the fun. I recall everyone hating the concept at the time, but then (and now), I loved it. Gave me the chance to get three different versions of each of my players, and potentially be one of the few obsessive types that ended up with a whole master set with all three backs for each cards (I gave up on that idea very quickly). If Topps were to try something like this today, the criticism would never end.

DeliciousBacon

Apr 23, 2011
Warwick, RI
tonsofcommons said:
OT, but MAN, you collect A LOT of players! :^)

Ha, yeah, I might have crossed the line from "player collector" to "guy who just collects random piles of different guys for no real reason". A lot of them I collected when I was younger, and picked right back up again when I began collecting again. The only time I ever wish I didn't have such a big list is when I figure out that, for a given set, between the multiple parallels, base cards, and half-dozen or so insert sets, I end up needed a good 100-150 cards. As you would probably know, those Pacific sets were like that; I like their sets a lot but they can be a nightmare for a player collecter. At least I know I'll always have something I need.

Latest posts