Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Miguel Sano/Mike Stanton Potential?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

maryvillereb2003

Mar 29, 2010
Maryville,TN
What kind of potential do these guys have?

Just picked up a Sano BC auto for 24 dlvd, a Stanton BC for 75, and a Stanton BC Ref for 105.

I will probably try and flip the Stantons this season if he gets hot but I figure Sano is a great buy right now.

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
My personal opinion:

Stanton is a much, much greater potential than Sano.

Stanton has the ability to hit a baseball 500+ feet, and has already done it during his professional career. I think he will strike out a lot especially during the beginning stages of his career, but I also think he will hit between 30-50 homeruns most years of his career, especially after the Marlins' new ballpark is complete. If I had to guess his average season for his career, I would say something like .255/39/95. I have a few Stanton Topps Chrome Autographs myself.

I do not like Sano. When I was first considering him for investment before his Chrome Auto came out in 2010 Bowman Chrome, I watched a single video before deciding I would absolutely not be buying his cards. In that video, he struck out looking three times in a row. Looking. And each of those three times, he looked back at the umpire as if it was the umpire's fault that Sano hadn't swung at any of the three pitches right down the middle. From that video, I took that he has poor strike zone recognition and a bad attitude. Whether or not that's a fair assessment of his current self is irrelevant to me because there are plenty of ballplayers out there who have great intangibles and I'd much rather invest in someone like that than someone who could have an ego/attitude problem. I have nothing of Sano and am very content.

My two cents. Hope it's somewhat helpful!

Yankees1218

Jan 1, 2010
Extremely off topic, but on the video subject.
I dont know if anyone else noticed, but the Youtube accoutn ScoutingTheSally seems to have footage of the players only either swinging and missing or fouling off a pitch. Almost like they dont want people to see good video of them.

ballerskrip

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago Area
I personally think that at his current prices, Sano is an excellent buy. Typically you are looking around $33-$35 dlvd on his chrome autos, so you got a great price on it. I am assuming it wasn't ebay. Anyways, with his talent, and the price point, you can't go wrong. Just my opinion.

***I would buy 20 sanos at $24 a piece, no doubt about it.

skrip

maryvillereb2003

Mar 29, 2010
Maryville,TN
ballerskrip said:
I personally think that at his current prices, Sano is an excellent buy. Typically you are looking around $33-$35 dlvd on his chrome autos, so you got a great price on it. I am assuming it wasn't ebay. Anyways, with his talent, and the price point, you can't go wrong. Just my opinion.

***I would buy 20 sanos at $24 a piece, no doubt about it.

skrip
thanks, it was ebay but i searched autograph -auto, found the stantons like this as well

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
Stanton hit his 4th homer tonight and it was absolutely crushed, just like all his homers seem to be. He doesn't hit too many cheap ones. 2nd homer in as many days for Stanton.

Also nearly hit for the cycle. I think he's starting to come alive.

maryvillereb2003

Mar 29, 2010
Maryville,TN
ALL_THE_HYPE said:
Stanton hit his 4th homer tonight and it was absolutely crushed, just like all his homers seem to be. He doesn't hit too many cheap ones. 2nd homer in as many days for Stanton.

Also nearly hit for the cycle. I think he's starting to come alive.
yup, a double shy. hopefully his prices pick up a bit

Members online