Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

How do you take a somewhat decent idea and totally ruin it??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leaf

Aug 7, 2008
All autos are signed the day we take pictures.. On-card is physically impossible..

Still nice to see the card bribing nice $$$

tonsofcommons

Aug 20, 2008
Iowa
Leaf said:
All autos are signed the day we take pictures.. On-card is physically impossible..

Still nice to see the card bribing nice $$$

Nice Freudian slip there. :^) HAHA JK BG!

deceptikon1978

Apr 7, 2009
GoldenBuckeyes said:
Leave it to Leaf

Leave it to Leaf to what? Use a sticker auto? Yeah, that has never been done before by any company in any card product. Leaf is the devil.

I like it and if the only way to get that card produced is by using a sticker, I'm all for it.

G

deceptikon1978 said:
GoldenBuckeyes said:
Leave it to Leaf

Leave it to Leaf to what? Use a sticker auto? Yeah, that has never been done before by any company in any card product. Leaf is the devil.

I like it and if the only way to get that card produced is by using a sticker, I'm all for it.
No, to ruin a halfway terrible idea

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
GoldenBuckeyes said:
I'm sure all 25 people that pull that card will be pissed off at how ugly it is. So pissed they throw it up on eBay and just pray that it gets the 99 cent opening bid. If they're lucky, maybe they can make a few bucks off of shipping and not take a DSR hit.

Sure, it's not ideal...but it's no surprise either considering these were all signed at once.

Just like Topps ruined a halfway terrible idea of triple patch cards with a lame sticker autograph for the USA Baseball team cards.

Oh...and donkey child...I'm being sarcastic. I figure as dumb as you probably are, I had to state that clearly.

tikitomoka

Jul 27, 2009
GoldenBuckeyes said:
deceptikon1978 said:
GoldenBuckeyes said:
Leave it to Leaf

Don't you have any trolling to do on blowout? Or was that mnvikingstwins username banned on there like it was here too?

wheeler281

Mar 6, 2009
Thats Nate :lol: I just realized it. Man you talk smack about this place all the time yet you came here under 2 different names. What gives!

tikitomoka

Jul 27, 2009
wheeler281 said:
Thats Nate :lol: I just realized it. Man you talk smack about this place all the time yet you came here under 2 different names. What gives!
Isn't it funny how that works?

muskiesfan

Aug 7, 2008
Murfreesboro, TN
My opinion seems to be an unpopular one on the board, but stickers autographs don't bother me too much. Especially when they are done right and worked into the design of the card. Clear stickers aren't too bad either. Yes, on card autographs do look better, but it's just not always possible. If stickers help eliminate or severely minimize redemptions, I'm definitely all for it.

mstng99tim

Apr 6, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
muskiesfan said:
My opinion seems to be an unpopular one on the board, but stickers autographs don't bother me too much. Especially when they are done right and worked into the design of the card. Clear stickers aren't too bad either. Yes, on card autographs do look better, but it's just not always possible. If stickers help eliminate or severely minimize redemptions, I'm definitely all for it.
Well said, I agree 100%.

Card companies are in a lose-lose situation, they will never win in the mind of some collectors.

wheeler281

Mar 6, 2009
muskiesfan said:

I am with you man. Also there is no price difference at the end of the day

muskiesfan

Aug 7, 2008
Murfreesboro, TN
Tim & Wheeler- The sky is falling! The sky is falling! It must be snowing in hell when a Bengals fan and Steelers fan get along. ;) I know that joke gets old, but you guys are great in my book.

Like them or not, stickers are here to stay. I just wish that the companies (mainly Topps) would take the time to make them look decent. If you are putting multiple sticker autos on a card, I don't see why you wouldn't have them all be the same style: clear, silver, or whatever. Also, having them applied straight would be a plus. Those are my only 2 real complaints about stickers.

mstng99tim

Apr 6, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
muskiesfan said:
Tim & Wheeler- The sky is falling! The sky is falling! It must be snowing in hell when a Bengals fan and Steelers fan get along. ;) I know that joke gets old, but you guys are great in my book.

Like them or not, stickers are here to stay. I just wish that the companies (mainly Topps) would take the time to make them look decent. If you are putting multiple sticker autos on a card, I don't see why you wouldn't have them all be the same style: clear, silver, or whatever. Also, having them applied straight would be a plus. Those are my only 2 real complaints about stickers.
:lol:

I feel like I should bash the Bengals now to restore order to the world.

Slette

Jul 24, 2009
St Paul
GoldenBuckeyes said:
deceptikon1978 said:
GoldenBuckeyes said:
Leave it to Leaf

So if the Gophers had actually had a player with some discernable amount of talent, who was able to make his way into a Leaf Draft product, you wouldn't buy it, because Leaf ruins great ideas?

Enjoy chasing Adam Weber in 2011 UD products, I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts