Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Opinions on these Pujols patches

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

carrsallstars

Sep 16, 2009
Generally, 2009 Topps Tribute jersey pieces look like the following, for Pujols specifically and all other players, too:
$(KGrHqYOKi4E2MyLQRL1BNrOvdHc+g~~0_3.jpg$(KGrHqV,!i8E2Ll3eQocBNsOFRL3-g~~0_3.jpg

Lately, there have been a rash of Pujols tributes with what appears to be the same Cardinals jesery/logo pieces. See below. A few from one seller but another one sold from a different seller as well. Anybody have any opinions or info on this?

y_com_ws_eBayISAPI_dll_VISuperSizeitem270744309236.jpgy_com_ws_eBayISAPI_dll_VISuperSizeitem270744073268.jpgy_com_ws_eBayISAPI_dll_VISuperSizeitem270743641770.jpg

Somebody already voted with their wallet on the bottom one as the auto/3 patch card sold for a BIN of $700! :shock:

cartersprings

Aug 7, 2008
MN
The white jersey material around the patches on the bottom two doesn't seem to be consistent with the material from the regular jersey swatches.

PujolsCollector

Jan 17, 2011
St.Louis
I think the 2 at the bottom are fake, becuase the patch is not done in the style that is on the jerseys they wear. On game jerseys the threads are in a circular motion this is all straight.

carrsallstars

Sep 16, 2009
Good eye. Like maybe it came from this! ;)

pMLB2-5637635dt.jpg

Usually I check online patches available first but forgot to this time...

PujolsCollector

Jan 17, 2011
St.Louis
carrsallstars said:
Good eye. Like maybe it came from this! ;)

pMLB2-5637635dt.jpg

Usually I check online patches available first but forgot to this time...
Many many years of looking at St.Louis Cardinals jerseys help im only 15 so not too many years. Leibe Athletic Lettering based out of Chesterfield was who used to do it for the Cardinals. Now Majestic does it but kept the style the same. Hope I was of some help.

carrsallstars

Sep 16, 2009
Upon further inspection the patches on these tributes don' t match up exactly with the complete cardinals patch I posted...look at the eye of the Cardinal and compare. At a minimum the one used for teh cards is of much better quality. About all I coudl find online that was definitely an authentic pujols jersey was a 2003 one... and the eyes on those cardinals are like one single white dot.

_gameuseduniverse_com_upload_auction_original_2549.jpg

Of course the white part of the jersey fabric shouldn't be "lined" if it is authentic as you guys pointed out.

schmidtfan20

Aug 24, 2008
As long as idiots are paying stupid money for patch cards there will be geniuses making fake patch cards and making
big money.

Kevin

Members online

Latest posts