Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

I guess those codes are really hot.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sfnorton

Aug 9, 2008
Alameda, CA
Went by Target and they had three Value Boxes.....All of them looked like this.

ValueBox.jpg

chiefer77

Mar 10, 2010
Ogdensburg, New York
I've been waiting for these boxes to show up at my walmart but it seems that the rep that stocks it doesn't want to bother. Instead of baseball cards that sell out as quick as he can stock them, he seems to think that having hundreds and hundreds of yu gi oh and pokemon cards is the better way to go even though they sit and collect dust.

I've tried to call Topps about this and even spoke to the front end manager at one point but it hasn't gotten any better. I spend a **** ton of money busting wax but the rep never stocks it and misses out on a lot of sales.

Who is the Topps guy here? Perhaps he could give me some direction as to how I can influence my walmart to start stocking a decent selection of cards.

PujolsCollector

Jan 17, 2011
St.Louis
Went to my local Wal mart the other day and caught a guy doing that, I said what exactly are you doing he looked at me a says None of your business, he put the little 3 card pack in his pocket. I followed him until I seen an employee and yelled hey come here please. The worker came over and asked the problem and I let her know that the guy was stealing and that I could show her the box for proof. She radioed to the manager and he came out and stopped the guy. He ( the manager) asked me what proof I had so I went and grabbed the box. The manager asked the guy to give it back with no punishment but if he did not the police would be called. The guy gave the cards back and was kicked out of the store the box I guess was damaged out or something probably sent back to the company I don't know but people are stupid.

Roberto_Clemente_21

Mar 24, 2011
PujolsCollector said:
Went to my local Wal mart the other day and caught a guy doing that, I said what exactly are you doing he looked at me a says None of your business, he put the little 3 card pack in his pocket. I followed him until I seen an employee and yelled hey come here please. The worker came over and asked the problem and I let her know that the guy was stealing and that I could show her the box for proof. She radioed to the manager and he came out and stopped the guy. He ( the manager) asked me what proof I had so I went and grabbed the box. The manager asked the guy to give it back with no punishment but if he did not the police would be called. The guy gave the cards back and was kicked out of the store the box I guess was damaged out or something probably sent back to the company I don't know but people are stupid.

That was pretty dumb. You are lucky he didn't wait for you in the parking lot.

A_Pharis

Roberto_Clemente_21 said:
PujolsCollector said:

Guys who sit and weigh packs or tear open boxes usually aren't the fighting type.

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
PujolsCollector said:

Well done Sir!

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois
A_Pharis said:
[quote="Roberto_Clemente_21":1nbnjrhx]
PujolsCollector said:
Guys who sit and weigh packs or tear open boxes usually aren't the fighting type.[/quote:1nbnjrhx]
this...

Also, chiefer - topps has ZERO to do with how your local retail stores are stocked.

PujolsCollector

Jan 17, 2011
St.Louis
No they are not. I was not scared of the dude he was probably mid 20s early 30s I'm not usually one to snitch but that kind of thing drives me crazy don't ruin our hobby please and pack searchers kill me when they throw the junk packs to the side but I have picked up a so called junk pack opened it in front of the guy and got an Andrew Jones all star jersey card that guy was not to happy Haha

Roberto_Clemente_21

Mar 24, 2011
A_Pharis said:
[quote="Roberto_Clemente_21":143jxbu6]
PujolsCollector said:

Guys who sit and weigh packs or tear open boxes usually aren't the fighting type.[/quote:143jxbu6]

Any statistical information to back up your claim?

PujolsCollector

Jan 17, 2011
St.Louis
[quote="A_Pharis":2cswcaee][quote="Roberto_Clemente_21":2cswcaee]
PujolsCollector said:

Guys who sit and weigh packs or tear open boxes usually aren't the fighting type.[/quote:2cswcaee]

Any statistical information to back up your claim?[/quote:2cswcaee]
Have you ever seen one of these pack searchers, I have most are 14-35 years old. Most of them spend hours on it, hence no life. Guys will sit there with a ruler measuring down to the milimetre its really kind of sad sometimes I just kind of want to grab a pack and get something good and go hahaha did'nt search hard enough loser.

Roberto_Clemente_21

Mar 24, 2011
PujolsCollector said:
[quote="A_Pharis":2jixohq1][quote="Roberto_Clemente_21":2jixohq1]
PujolsCollector said:

Guys who sit and weigh packs or tear open boxes usually aren't the fighting type.

Any statistical information to back up your claim?[/quote:2jixohq1]
Have you ever seen one of these pack searchers, I have most are 14-35 years old. Most of them spend hours on it, hence no life. Guys will sit there with a ruler measuring down to the milimetre its really kind of sad sometimes I just kind of want to grab a pack and get something good and go hahaha did'nt search hard enough loser.[/quote:2jixohq1]

I've seen one but not all. The one I saw was an older gentleman but wasn't elderly and probably could handle himself in a fight. Do I think all pack searchers can fight? No cause I don't know every single pack searcher. I am sure there are some pack searchers out there that would run away if you looked at them the wrong way but I am also sure that there are some pack searchers that are unstable and could probably knock you. Not to mention what if he had a gun in his car?

PujolsCollector

Jan 17, 2011
St.Louis
PujolsCollector said:
[quote="Roberto_Clemente_21":27lnrdsa][quote="A_Pharis":27lnrdsa][quote="Roberto_Clemente_21":27lnrdsa]
PujolsCollector said:

Any statistical information to back up your claim?[/quote:27lnrdsa]
Have you ever seen one of these pack searchers, I have most are 14-35 years old. Most of them spend hours on it, hence no life. Guys will sit there with a ruler measuring down to the milimetre its really kind of sad sometimes I just kind of want to grab a pack and get something good and go hahaha did'nt search hard enough loser.[/quote:27lnrdsa]

I've seen one but not all. The one I saw was an older gentleman but wasn't elderly and probably could handle himself in a fight. Do I think all pack searchers can fight? No cause I don't know every single pack searcher. I am sure there are some pack searchers out there that would run away if you looked at them the wrong way but I am also sure that there are some pack searchers that are unstable and could probably knock you. Not to mention what if he had a gun in his car?[/quote:27lnrdsa]
I could care less, if he had a gun then so be it. If it got a pack searcher off the streets then it was worth it those dudes are worse than meth heads.

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
PujolsCollector said:
I could care less, if he had a gun then so be it. If it got a pack searcher off the streets then it was worth it those dudes are worse than meth heads.

LOL, while I think Clemente's "gun" comment was really far-fetched, if in fact he did have a gun, tattling on a pack searcher is not worth losing your life over...

Roberto_Clemente_21

Mar 24, 2011
markakis8 said:
PujolsCollector said:

LOL, while I think Clemente's "gun" comment was really far-fetched, if in fact he did have a gun, tattling on a pack searcher is not worth losing your life over...

Its just an example. I'm not saying he was going to get shot. I'm just saying you don't know. Obviously if the guy is shady enough to be pack searching then he might be shady enough to have a criminal past.

Original Boski

Oct 28, 2010
PujolsCollector said:

Yep, people who search packs of baseball cards are definitely worse than people who use methamphetamine.

This is the hyperbole police, here to tell you to STFU.

Though I'll admit, this isn't nearly as awful a comparison as the time I saw someone say pack searchers are worse than child molesters.

Members online

Latest posts