Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Alright FCB, I need you help.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tonsofcommons

Aug 20, 2008
Iowa
When I was growing up, my grandma and I shared a passion for baseball cards. I would visit her every Sunday and bring along packs of 1998 Topps to open up. I remember having fun hitting the Clemente reprints and especially loved the Mystery Finest inserts.

Well, I found out today that my grandma is not doing well and we are not sure how long she is going to be with us.

So, I'm asking for some help. I need to find some packs of 1998 Topps Baseball to be buried with my grandma.

Not asking for a handout, just need help locating them. Sooner than later.

Thanks guys!

XdanX

Aug 7, 2008
sorry to hear about the bad news, though the clemente reprints was 1998 topps.

sebpoo

Aug 7, 2008
Montreal, P.Q.
Have done a quick search and there is a few sellers who have some on ebay right now.

But it was Mays insets in 1997 Topps...Clemente was in 1998.

Also, sorry to hear this, thoughts goes to you and your family.

Bob Loblaw

Aug 21, 2008
Bright House Field
tonsofcommons said:
When I was growing up, my grandma and I shared a passion for baseball cards. I would visit her every Sunday and bring along packs of 1997 Topps to open up. I remember having fun hitting the Clemente reprints and especially loved the Mystery Finest inserts.

Well, I found out today that my grandma is not doing well and we are not sure how long she is going to be with us.

So, I'm asking for some help. I need to find some packs of 1997 Topps Baseball to be buried with my grandma.

Not asking for a handout, just need help locating them. Sooner than later.

Thanks guys!

I can't help with the packs, but I'm sorry for the loss you're expecting. It's great -- it really is -- that you have those memories of a grandparent. There are other posts, so I'm sure they state it, but it wouldn't surprise me to be able to find a box on eBay relatively cheap.

Remember the good times -- not these.

1st4040

Aug 10, 2008
New Bedford, Ma.
Eddie

sorry to hear about your Grandma's condition. How about opening a few packs in her memory and maybe you'll get a Clemente as well. thats a great memory to have of a person in your life that you love. Are you going to be able to see her before she passes?

ThoseBackPages

Aug 7, 2008
New York
Eddie my Brother, i am sorry to read this news.

i have great memories of sharing sportscard time with my Grandma. She used to, get this, LIKE to SORT cards! lol
i told her she was crazy, but she found it therapeutic. this was in the late 80's and early 90s, when making sets meant something. she would sort for me, free of charge!

She died in 1995 and i miss her dearly. she made me the person i am today.

tonsofcommons

Aug 20, 2008
Iowa
I got to see her a couple weeks ago and got a couple pictures. Not sure if I will make it to see her before she passes.

tonsofcommons

Aug 20, 2008
Iowa
BTW, Thank you everyone for your thoughts and prayers. It's hard, but I will always have the memories.

MojoDan

Aug 22, 2008
Best wishes to you and the family Eddie, sorry for your loss. :grouphug:

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
Sorry for your loss. Your relationship was clearly something special.

Members online

Latest posts