Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

USPS problem.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ahill1

Aug 7, 2008
I just have a question here. I mailed 14 cards January 17th from a Mail Station which is a local Pak n Save type store. My problem is I mailed all of these in bubble mailers with DC on everyone of them. Now when I punch the DC number into the USPS website it comes back showing no record.

Since this has happened I now have 2 claims filed through paypal, and rightfully so several other people asking where there cards are. I spoke with this place and the USPS and have gotten the run-a-round from both of them.

Any suggestions as to what I can do about this situation? I am starting to sweat this because I could be out several hundred dollars.

ahill1

Aug 7, 2008
Forgot to add that 1 of the 14 I mailed did make it to where it needed to go. I know because I got positive feedback for the card, but when I type in that DC# it shows as no record for that item as well.

daveyou

Aug 7, 2008
Queens, NY
not an expert my any means on this subject but this issue does come up on the boards and i've read that if the packages are thinner than a certain size, the post office doesn't scan the tracking number or something? something like that though....when you printed your postage and packaged the card/cards, was the package thin or did you padded enough that you met their standards for 1st class shipping?

sadly though....if there are no records in the tracking # you provided, most def. you will lose the case should the buyer/buyers file non-receipt

sorry dude...

dave

rebelsbaseball3

Aug 10, 2008
my question would be why people are filing paypal claims only 10 days after you sent? USPS has been super super slow lately from what i have seen.

ahill1

Aug 7, 2008
daveyou said:
not an expert my any means on this subject but this issue does come up on the boards and i've read that if the packages are thinner than a certain size, the post office doesn't scan the tracking number or something? something like that though....when you printed your postage and packaged the card/cards, was the package thin or did you padded enough that you met their standards for 1st class shipping?

sadly though....if there are no records in the tracking # you provided, most def. you will lose the case should the buyer/buyers file non-receipt

sorry dude...

dave

Yeah I know about the fatness of the package...I always stuff them just to get them above the minimum.

ahill1

Aug 7, 2008
rebelsbaseball3 said:
my question would be why people are filing paypal claims only 10 days after you sent? USPS has been super super slow lately from what i have seen.

The only reason I can think of is that when you punch in the tracking number it shows as no record...Maybe they think I am trying to scam them or something

rebelsbaseball3

Aug 10, 2008
ahill1 said:
rebelsbaseball3 said:

The only reason I can think of is that when you punch in the tracking number it shows as no record...Maybe they think I am trying to scam them or something

True.. were these printed labels? or were they slips actually applied by the usps at your post office?

ahill1

Aug 7, 2008
rebelsbaseball3 said:
ahill1 said:
rebelsbaseball3 said:

True.. were these printed labels? or were they slips actually applied by the usps at your post office?

They were the green and white slip applied by me

rebelsbaseball3

Aug 10, 2008
ahill1 said:
rebelsbaseball3 said:
ahill1 said:
rebelsbaseball3 said:

So you werent there to actually watch the PO scan the packages in?

ahill1

Aug 7, 2008
rebelsbaseball3 said:
ahill1 said:
rebelsbaseball3 said:
ahill1 said:
rebelsbaseball3 said:

No I did not see them scan them in. I have talked to them on the phone and basically what they are telling me is that all they can refund me is the DC cost, and nothing else

rebelsbaseball3

Aug 10, 2008
ahill1 said:
rebelsbaseball3 said:
ahill1 said:
rebelsbaseball3 said:
ahill1 said:
[quote="rebelsbaseball3":2wuv7f6c]my question would be why people are filing paypal claims only 10 days after you sent? USPS has been super super slow lately from what i have seen.

No I did not see them scan them in. I have talked to them on the phone and basically what they are telling me is that all they can refund me is the DC cost, and nothing else[/quote:2wuv7f6c]

Unfortunately for you, It seems as though the DC labels never got scanned.. I personally bring anything I need with D/C to the post office, and watch them apply the label and scan the barcode.. anything else, i just do not trust. If you can, tell the people who filed claims to sit tight for a few days, if they are understanding, it really shouldnt be a problem. I just waited 3 weeks for a package from florida.. so the usps is really moving slowly these days. Hope everything works out for you in the end.

muchuckwagon

Oct 8, 2008
Deceased
If the PO doesn't scan the package at delivery, you are toast. That is why it is best to have the PO scan the package as "accepted". I find it very hard to believe a handful of different PO locations failed to scan the packages when delivered all in the same time frame. Then again, maybe someone with sticky fingers got a hold of the packages early in the process.

All you can do now is sit back and wait.....perhaps the packages will be delivered. Good luck.

G

The PO has been real slow these days, seems it do to raise prices again on first class.
and sometimes I get packages here that are not scanned even when I check them.

I have sent out 10 packages myself and some of them still do not show accepted by the Post Office and I hand them
to someone there. And 3 have been delivered since I have got a e-mail from them.