Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Is this something new for ebay sellers??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ty Hope

Aug 7, 2008
I woke up to the following message today. I already paid, received and left feedback for the card. Is this new or common for sellers to try and get out of fees?

--
Hi, I sent you a request to cancel this transaction. This is so you could help me get my final value fee back. The final value fee is what ebay charges me after I sell my items. Everything remains the same, nothing will happen if you accept or decline the request. You already paid for the item, so you have nothing to worry about. Please help me out by canceling this transaction with me. If not, then you could ignore the request, thanks for your time.
--

pgwtamu

Feb 13, 2009
Ty Hope said:
I woke up to the following message today. I already paid, received and left feedback for the card. Is this new or common for sellers to try and get out of fees?

--
Hi, I sent you a request to cancel this transaction. This is so you could help me get my final value fee back. The final value fee is what ebay charges me after I sell my items. Everything remains the same, nothing will happen if you accept or decline the request. You already paid for the item, so you have nothing to worry about. Please help me out by canceling this transaction with me. If not, then you could ignore the request, thanks for your time.
--

It's a nice little hustle to get around the FVF....I personally have never gotten a message like that, but it will also take away your ebay bucks....so I would tell him to blow it out of his back side!!!!

Ty Hope

Aug 7, 2008
I'm just going to ignore it but found it interesting to see what lengths people will try to go to get out of few bucks. It was only a $35 card.

Jheywardfan

Apr 25, 2010
Arlington, TX
It could also be a scam so the seller doesnt get poor feedback or the buyer cant file a claim for a refund. Maybe the card is damaged or tampered with.

MisterT

Mar 7, 2011
Virginia
Jheywardfan said:
It could also be a scam so the seller doesnt get poor feedback or the buyer cant file a claim for a refund. Maybe the card is damaged or tampered with.

+1. I would play dumb and ignore it. Sellers know (or should know) what they sign up for. I have gone off eBay a time or two, but only to people I have a relationship with and I (usually the buyer) offer it to the seller to help them out. I would not accept canceling the transaction, you lose all protection.

Ty Hope

Aug 7, 2008
It does sound like a scam, but I alread paid for and received the card with no problems. He just wants to avoid ebay fees. This was a first for me.

RZimm11

Feb 4, 2009
Had that happen once. I told the guy no and he said ok, no problem. Probably sends it to everyone. I guess every penny counts.

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
Wouldn't ebay wonder why he's having so many transactions cancelled? Just seems like he's asking to be NARU'd.

RZimm11

Feb 4, 2009
markakis8 said:
Wouldn't ebay wonder why he's having so many transactions cancelled? Just seems like he's asking to be NARU'd.

My thoughts exactly. I wouldn't think it would last too long.

That is, if he can get enough people to do it. Most people probably wouldn't agree to it.

JzWand

Jun 8, 2009
Burlington Ontario Canada
Not worth the risk IMO.

For one, it can make you look shady in some peoples opinions.

You also run the risk of ebay finding out.

And even if they dont, you run the risk that one of the buyers would rat you out.

Members online

Latest posts