Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Mike Stanton's new sig

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
Maybe he was just defacing his own pic. Looks like he's trying to draw a dick on himself.

hail2thevictors

Jan 20, 2010
Doesn't surprise me at all.

And, I can guarantee you Mike Stanton couldn't care less about forgeries. And, it juts makes people want his "sit down" signature more.

19braves77

Oct 23, 2008
Pensacola, FL
scotty21690 said:
Why the hate? Doesn't this make his "old" sig more valuable?

yes and no. They photo may be someone's 16x20 that cost 8-11 and it wouldn't be that big of deal just to personalize it if your worried about it being on Ebay like this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Mike-Stanton-Si...085?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3cb6f90225

Then again that might be why he did it lol

Just one more reason why you get them in the minors. Logan Morrison changed his sig but it looks nicer then his AA season graph imo.

17ROCKIES12

Aug 13, 2008
I got Stanton a couple weeks ago and he signed the same way he has been on certified cards. When was the picture signed? and under what circumstances?

sportscardtheory

Aug 16, 2008
Buffalo, New York
If a player who doesn't normally sign like that signed something like that that I paid money for, I would rip it up and throw it at his feet right in front of everyone while speaking my mind.

19braves77

Oct 23, 2008
Pensacola, FL
Sorry for using graph slang........

Stanton probably asked the guy what his name was and the guy hesitated. Stanton then just gave the guy a crap graph. Stanton should have just said "am not signing".

Stanton wasnt actually a great signer the year he did the SL.....

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
19braves77 said:
This weekend. My guess is Stanton asked the guy what is name was and the guy needed to eat and gave Stanton a hard time. Staton countered by giving him slop math problem. personalizing.Still " saying no " should be so much easier for players....

I have no idea what you were trying to say here. The second time I read it, it gave me a headache.

He was a good signer in spring training.....

6d6a783c.jpg

8dd8984e.jpg

marlins010.jpg

Ian Stewart

Aug 7, 2008
markakis8 said:
19braves77 said:
This weekend. My guess is Stanton asked the guy what is name was and the guy needed to eat and gave Stanton a hard time. Staton countered by giving him slop math problem. personalizing.Still " saying no " should be so much easier for players....

I have no idea what you were trying to say here. The second time I read it, it gave me a headache.

You're not alone.

Something about math and eating.

FortyFour

Aug 7, 2008
cgilmo said:
sportscardtheory said:
If a player who doesn't normally sign like that signed something like that that I paid money for, I would rip it up and throw it at his feet right in front of everyone while speaking my mind.

suuuuuuure
:lol:

More like look down at the sig smile and quietly walk away.

G $MONEY$

Feb 8, 2009
Calgary
Ian Stewart said:
markakis8 said:
19braves77 said:

You're not alone.

Something about math and eating.

I think hes basically saying that Stanton wanted to personalize the photo, but since the guy is doing this (Auto hounding) "too put food on his table", he doesn't give Stanton his name and so Stanton then turns around and gives him an "ugly" signature, so it has zero $$$ value.

I think this is what hes saying :lol:

Vagrant

May 2, 2009
19braves77 said:
This weekend. My guess is Stanton asked the guy what is name was and the guy needed to eat and gave Stanton a hard time. Staton countered by giving him slop math problem. personalizing.Still " saying no " should be so much easier for players...

the guy needed to eat: the autograph seeker was attempting to get signatures to sell as opposed to getting them personalized.

slop math problem: an incredibly poor autograph resembling notes you would create while doing a math problem.

Not that hard to figure out, guys.

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
Vagrant said:
19braves77 said:
This weekend. My guess is Stanton asked the guy what is name was and the guy needed to eat and gave Stanton a hard time. Staton countered by giving him slop math problem. personalizing.Still " saying no " should be so much easier for players...

the guy needed to eat: the autograph seeker was attempting to get signatures to sell as opposed to getting them personalized.

slop math problem: an incredibly poor autograph resembling notes you would create while doing a math problem.

Not that hard to figure out, guys.

This was a headache as well

Members online

Latest posts